Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add me to the list of people hosed by mis-communicated and constantly changing promotions... Ordered, put down a deposit, and was matched to an inventory car based on the "two free upgrades" that the local sales manger told me about. And they just reneged on it all....

+2,500 price increase -> no incentive to buy an inventory car this month -> cancelled orders -> lower quarterly sales numbers for Tesla.

The sales manger at my local Tesla has an entire list of people in the same situation he is calling, said almost all are cancelling.

Tesla, 1) Put your incentives in writing, 2) communicate it clearly to your sales centers, 3) if you screw up, make customers whole instead of the "too bad, so sad" approach, 4) empower your local centers to do the right thing even.

Add me to the list of people hosed by mis-communicated and constantly changing promotions... Ordered, put down a deposit, and was matched to an inventory car based on the "two free upgrades" that the local sales manger told me about. And they just reneged on it all....

+2,500 price increase -> no incentive to buy an inventory car this month -> cancelled orders -> lower quarterly sales numbers for Tesla.

The sales manger at my local Tesla has an entire list of people in the same situation he is calling, said almost all are cancelling.

Tesla, 1) Put your incentives in writing, 2) communicate it clearly to your sales centers, 3) if you screw up, make customers whole instead of the "too bad, so sad" approach, 4) empower your local centers to do the right thing even.

Tesla is a large bureaucracy when it comes to sales/service. (Very innovative when it comes to the product) They just reneged on my solar/ free wall charger promo too. I even have a sales email and order in my account, but not sure if I can "hold" them to it

So the 2 free upgrades are gone now? I made instant order because of that.

Figures it ended. I've been waiting for a White/Black M3P+ and with no sign of any in sight my SA offered me a White/White that was on its way to my delivery location. Since the interior was free I agreed yesterday. Now she canceled my original order and I'm gonna have to cancel this one as well if they don't honor the $1000 off. Now i'm without any order and no car in sight. This has been nothing but stressful and the worst car buying experience I've ever had. Good job Tesla.

My sales center is giving me the free paint for the P3D but my brother who ordered SR+ is getting the paint + 19 inch tire upgrade. I asked for something else since Im not getting the tires (they said I cant have 2 year free SC) and the sales agent even denied anyone is getting 19s for free + paint. Ridiculous.

My sales center is giving me the free paint for the P3D but my brother who ordered SR+ is getting the paint + 19 inch tire upgrade. I asked for something else since Im not getting the tires (they said I cant have 2 year free SC) and the sales agent even denied anyone is getting 19s for free + paint. Ridiculous.

Utter bull***. They denied me saying the promo was for orders before a certain date.

I know that’s false for a fact as several M3P- orders received the free upgrades.

Tesla should have consistent policies.

Figures it ended. I've been waiting for a White/Black M3P+ and with no sign of any in sight my SA offered me a White/White that was on its way to my delivery location. Since the interior was free I agreed yesterday. Now she canceled my original order and I'm gonna have to cancel this one as well if they don't honor the $1000 off. Now i'm without any order and no car in sight. This has been nothing but stressful and the worst car buying experience I've ever had. Good job Tesla.

I hope you still get the free interior
You match the original intention of the promo

It got abused / miscommunicated and looks like that is causing it to be done away with.

Reactions: z06tim
First time poster, please excuse any etiquette infractions. I was told that the two free upgrade offer is "officially retired" yesterday afternoon (free 2 year supercharging is still on).
The car that my wife wanted wasn't available so we were looking through the existing inventory for something that would work for her. We found one but when I called in they couldn't agree to the deal as it was up in the air as to whether the program was still going. Pretty crazy the way this has worked. I guess because my wife went through a struggle to decide on another color and then being told no deal, she has decided to go with another BMW. She was originally very excited to go with Tesla as she hates the car buying experience. I guess the offer of this and then it being rescinded left a worse taste than the standard haggle. It may not be rational but we don't always do what is in our best interests.

First time poster, please excuse any etiquette infractions. I was told that the two free upgrade offer is "officially retired" yesterday afternoon (free 2 year supercharging is still on).
The car that my wife wanted wasn't available so we were looking through the existing inventory for something that would work for her. We found one but when I called in they couldn't agree to the deal as it was up in the air as to whether the program was still going. Pretty crazy the way this has worked. I guess because my wife went through a struggle to decide on another color and then being told no deal, she has decided to go with another BMW. She was originally very excited to go with Tesla as she hates the car buying experience. I guess the offer of this and then it being rescinded left a worse taste than the standard haggle. It may not be rational but we don't always do what is in our best interests.

I agree ever changing promos can be similar to a bait and switch similar to traditional dealerships. The difference is that there you can atleast haggle. With Tesla it's a crap shoot even if you have emails confirming the deal.

With Telsa it feels like everything is learning on the fly or should I say learning from their mistakes.
They roll things out based on a tweet and then recall them based on another tweet, etc...
Great at making cars, technology, etc.. so I can look past the insanity but also see how others will be turned off by their model.

Reactions: Stomsf
First thanks all who posted great info on this forum.

Went to store today (bay area), sales confirmed only 2 yr SC w/ delivery by 9/30, no free options upgrades. Sales manager confirmed it too, saying corporate messed up on the promotion. 2-year supercharger will override the 2000 referral bonus because referral bonus needs to be used in 6 months, he said. Referrer will still get the 2000 SC miles. After ordering in store, a car in inventory with wheel upgrade matched. But he confirmed once again he can't give the free upgrade to me. I went ahead with the order anyways. He's pretty confident that I can get the car by 9/30... we'll see.

First thanks all who posted great info on this forum.

Went to store today (bay area), sales confirmed only 2 yr SC w/ delivery by 9/30, no free options upgrades. Sales manager confirmed it too, saying corporate messed up on the promotion. 2-year supercharger will override the 2000 referral bonus because referral bonus needs to be used in 6 months, he said. Referrer will still get the 2000 SC miles. After ordering in store, a car in inventory with wheel upgrade matched. But he confirmed once again he can't give the free upgrade to me. I went ahead with the order anyways. He's pretty confident that I can get the car by 9/30... we'll see.

so the 2yr promo is back AND Referrer will still get the 2000 SC mile? Wow what happened to the Elon "looking into it" tweet theory? If anyone else is ordering and able to do both LMK.

Took delivery of my SR M3 last Saturday. Asked my delivery associate about the 2yrs Supercharging and he went into his office while I looked around the car. Came out about 5 min later and said he submitted a request for me and that I should see it within the next week!