Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone go from MYP to M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is feedback on these two vehicles vs each other in a few different threads, take a look at these:

Reactions: whydontwe
FWIW, We have both here in my home. I said this in one of the threads I linked you to above, but basically, I love driving my model 3P, I only "like" driving my wifes car. She feels exactly the same, in reverse (loves her model YP only "likes" my model 3P).

I feel the model Y is a bit "big n porky" in the handling department. Its fine for cruising down the freeway but I dont really enjoy "driving" it. I enjoy "cruising" in it. My wife feels my model 3 is too hard to get in and out of, sits too low ("I cant see anything when I drive your car" she says) and she likes the trunk in her car better. She also thinks my car is too "twitchy".

All the things she doesnt like about the model 3P I like about it. Getting in and out is getting a bit harder as we both get older (mid - late 50s), but I can still do it ok so its not too bad. I like the handling better in the model 3, and enjoy it enough that I take back roads on my commute to work and back, rather than sit on the freeway.

Good points. The MYP is bulky and bumpy, and we do have our mini-van for the space when needed. Today, we only haul groceries and Costco runs in the MYP, but I would imagine that would all fit in the M3P. The pros and cons seems to be related to the obvious physical forms of those two cars.

FWIW, We have both here in my home. I said this in one of the threads I linked you to above, but basically, I love driving my model 3P, I only "like" driving my wifes car. She feels exactly the same, in reverse (loves her model YP only "likes" my model 3P).

I feel the model Y is a bit "big n porky" in the handling department. Its fine for cruising down the freeway but I dont really enjoy "driving" it. I enjoy "cruising" in it. My wife feels my model 3 is too hard to get in and out of, sits too low ("I cant see anything when I drive your car" she says) and she likes the trunk in her car better. She also thinks my car is too "twitchy".

All the things she doesnt like about the model 3P I like about it. Getting in and out is getting a bit harder as we both get older (mid - late 50s), but I can still do it ok so its not too bad. I like the handling better in the model 3, and enjoy it enough that I take back roads on my commute to work and back, rather than sit on the freeway.

I've driven Model Y and the other CUVs in the segment...none are nearly as fun as the M3P. Not even close. Really love the low sports sedan feeling of the car and how it hugs the corners. Yes, its not track ready without a proper suspension upgrade but for daily sh**ts and giggles, its a fun toy.

Reactions: tm1v2
As the guy above I have both in my home. I started with a MYP, it's great and actually handles very similarly to the Porsche Macan my wife and I traded in for it. I was at the time driving a Mach-E. I liked it enough that it eventually sold me on a M3P to replace the Mach-E. Doesn't hurt that it's blazingly fast either. The M3P encourages "fun" sporty driving while the MYP is likely more ideal for family driving. But either can do the other style of driving, it's just less inherent in the expectations.

Anyone go from a MYP to M3P? We have a MYP, but find it lackluster with handling and with no track mode. We have a mini-van for long trips and hauling large goods.
Have you extensively driven the M3 RWD ? Track mode is no good if you mostly do street/daily. The RWD M3 is imho the most fun, nimble/tossable comparable to the Cayman S which is slower and cheaper than the 911. (typically called the poor man's 911).. Same story here. The poor man's Tesla is the best handling car. For track I would get the M3P or to smoke exotics on the street (when safe to do so).

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
@whydontwe M3P all the way as a second car, when you've got another vehicle for hauling the big stuff. M3P is a lot more fun and satisfying to drive. Just the nature of sedan vs CUV. MYP is fast but missing that driving joy, in my opinion.

M3P works great for us in a similar situation with two cars and gets the daily errands done just fine. It is a second car for us, our other car is much less fun but can fit much larger cargo. I don't think we could tolerate a Model 3 as an only car, the sedan trunk is too restrictive, but as a second car it's great. So much fun, and practical enough. One year in and I still look forward to every single drive in it.

Last edited: