Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a 6MT car in addition to their Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang, that really sucks. I REALLY want a Blackwing but the price kept me from researching any further. Figured I could just go get a blower put on the SS at some point and save 100k LOL
yeah - always was tempted to put a blower on, but really wanted to keep it stock, and was going to hold it for ever. Then Caddy came up with the blackwing idea and I couldn't resist.
Sold the SS at the prime moment, got more for for it than i paid 5 years before.
Unfortunately, i am on the last leg of patience and will most likely cancel the BW order to get another tesla. Daughter needs a car as her 2012 lost the battery.
She'll be happy to drive the 2013 VoltVader that still gets 40 miles to a charge at 120K miles

yeah - always was tempted to put a blower on, but really wanted to keep it stock, and was going to hold it for ever. Then Caddy came up with the blackwing idea and I couldn't resist.
Sold the SS at the prime moment, got more for for it than i paid 5 years before.
Unfortunately, i am on the last leg of patience and will most likely cancel the BW order to get another tesla. Daughter needs a car as her 2012 lost the battery.
She'll be happy to drive the 2013 VoltVader that still gets 40 miles to a charge at 120K miles
Crazy how well they've held their value. Saw one the other day that had multiple owners and been in an accident with 40k miles and was still going for 44k. Every time I see something like that I get SUPER tempted but I know if I sold it I would instantly regret it. There just is nothing that can really replicate it.

Crazy how well they've held their value. Saw one the other day that had multiple owners and been in an accident with 40k miles and was still going for 44k. Every time I see something like that I get SUPER tempted but I know if I sold it I would instantly regret it. There just is nothing that can really replicate it.

I agree- I have no idea why Chevy decided to put that car in such attractive price bracket.
Fantastic car!
I switched to it from an E46 M3 and was blown away how balanced it was in comparison to the M3. It also felt a lot quicker due to its torque.
The suspension - just brilliant that one can switch from a luxury sedan feel to a chaotic track car

I agree- I have no idea why Chevy decided to put that car in such attractive price bracket.
Fantastic car!
I switched to it from an E46 M3 and was blown away how balanced it was in comparison to the M3. It also felt a lot quicker due to its torque.
The suspension - just brilliant that one can switch from a luxury sedan feel to a chaotic track car
And to think they still couldnt really sell them. So much so that I got mine when they were doing the 20% off sale.

I still have 2006 Saab 93 Aero 6MT next to my MY. And my observation is I don't like the automatics and just hate CVT's and yes manual gives you a lot of control of the car which is why it is so much better than Auto or CVT in an ICE car but the responsiveness of EV powertrain is so good I feel way more connected to an EV than I was to any ICE car. The only plus of the manual car over EV for me is the soul of the car, noise, and weight so unless you have a boosted miata or a Cayman or something powerful and light EV is still a better choice for me.

And I don't understand some of you hating on people that like manuals, the beauty of people is we are all different and therefore like different things so my opinion doesn't mean at all everyone should agree with it.

Another observation, driving a manual car definitely makes you a safer driver because you are forced to pay more attention to what you are doing with the car and plan at least few seconds before any move you make, and you have no free hands to text or play on your phone either.

Here’s my manual car. My wife drives the performance Y to work. I drive my electric M3 to work which makes me look forward to driving my V8 M3 or FJ on the weekends.
73924F2A-2FE2-4A5B-A56C-521BBABC8B9E.jpeg

I think
And to think they still couldnt really sell them. So much so that I got mine when they were doing the 20% off sale.

I think it was because it was such a niche car. All my friends laughed calling it a Chevy Malibu.
I don't care about looks. It was a fantastic 4 door performance sedan and it was half price compared to anything that could remotely compete with it
Currently an 18 Model S, 23 Model Y, and my last Dino Breath - a 94 Acura NSX which I will have until I can’t get in and out of it anymore.
This car was SURREAL when it came out!. Literally Tesla of its days

I think

I think it was because it was such a niche car. All my friends laughed calling it a Chevy Malibu.
I don't care about looks. It was a fantastic 4 door performance sedan and it was half price compared to anything that could remotely compete with it

Chevy did a horrible job of marketing it. Outside of it being used as the basis for their NASCAR entries I never saw any sort of promotion for it. The naming was lazy and confusing for most people too. I cannot count the times I had to explain to folks that it isnt a Malibu SS or an Impala SS but just an SS

Chevy did a horrible job of marketing it. Outside of it being used as the basis for their NASCAR entries I never saw any sort of promotion for it. The naming was lazy and confusing for most people too. I cannot count the times I had to explain to folks that it isnt a Malibu SS or an Impala SS but just an SS
Yup, or a Camaro SS,
I really think the problem for most was that it truly did resemble the Malibu model even tho it was built on a completely different, larger ( australian) platform

Reactions: KA in NC
I had exclusively owned and driven manual sports cars for 25yrs, no longer have one, but I borrow friends every once in awhile to get my fix...

I'm fortunate to have a really good friend with a car collecting habit so no shortage of cars to lend out.

His least desirable is an S2000. I can pretty much borrow that whenever... every once in awhile I get to drive his 67 vette, but only when ferrying it to car shows (he can't drive 2 cars at once!). then again, that's a 4MT

Sowwwy buddy - can't happen. Your stop watch was broken clearly

You clearly have no clue. Do you realize that 1.7 short times aren't even all that fast? There's a list of 2.0 Audis on the forums that pull 1.7 all day long. And something like the Audi RS3 or TTRS can do 1.7 bone stock all day every day. Modified, those cars are doing 1.4 & 1.5 short times.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are people in a Tesla forum who are absolutely clueless about drag racing and modifying cars. But hey, you do you....lol

Last edited:
You clearly have no clue. Do you realize that 1.7 short times aren't even all that fast? There's a list of 2.0 Audis on the forums that pull 1.7 all day long. And something like the Audi RS3 or TTRS can do 1.7 bone stock all day every day. Modified, those cars are doing 1.4 & 1.5 short times.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are people in a Tesla forum who are absolutely clueless about drag racing and modifying cars. But hey, you do you....lol

Even an F1 car cant do that with several million dollars tech.
Now - there's always a chance i don't understand what your 1.7 short time really means ( i understand you're saying 1.7 seconds 0 - 60 mph) but - you do you :)

BTW - used to owned AWD Talon back in the day - such a fantastic car back in the 90's