Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have their 3rd row seat break on them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Solarman004 stated, the carpet backing is held on by a series of clips.
772FF24C-2076-43B1-A52B-CD527712069C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Thanks. So that would indicate it just snaps on? May I ask where you got the diagram? Hoping the source document has more information on disassembling.

Ended up removing the carpet cover of the seat back. It really just snaps in so easy. However, there is a steel plate that seems revitted to the structure. And with that ends my exploration to fix my seat! I will await my SC appointment.

Ended up removing the carpet cover of the seat back. It really just snaps in so easy. However, there is a steel plate that seems revitted to the structure. And with that ends my exploration to fix my seat! I will await my SC appointment.
I asked the Ranger changing out my seat if the old one would go back for a latch replacement on the failed side and be reused (it was only 2 months old). He pulled off the back cover, showed me the riveted plate and said the seats are not designed for repair...the whole unit would be discarded.
As a devout tree-hugger, I found that very discouraging.

I asked the Ranger changing out my seat if the old one would go back for a latch replacement on the failed side and be reused (it was only 2 months old). He pulled off the back cover, showed me the riveted plate and said the seats are not designed for repair...the whole unit would be discarded.
As a devout tree-hugger, I found that very discouraging.

I do believe they can be repaired. This is the second time this has happened to me and a loose cable was the culprit the first time. They simply plugged it back in. No seat swap. Hoping it’s the same this time around as indeed, it would be a shame to discard the whole thing.