Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having problems with 3G?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
Was out and about in the mountains where there's no coverage. once getting back into known coverage areas (towns, interstate, etc.) it still didn't pick up the signal.

I tried rebooting a few times. It may have helped once or twice, but several times it didn't.

Anyone else experiencing this?

From time to time the streaming cuts out while driving in certain areas for me. I look and sure enough I get the lines with a slash through them "no cell" symbol on the screen. I go to the USB for about 10 songs or so and then the 3G network is back. I didn't notice it getting back any quicker if I rebooted the screen while driving so now I don't bother, it just comes back on its own when the signal cooperates.

I'm getting increasingly poor coverage--I've given up for the most part on streaming music and just stream from my phone.

The slow downloads of the maps is a bigger problem--I've had to pull over in unfamiliar neighborhoods and bring up the maps on my phone.

Some days it works OK, some days I wait 5 minutes or more for the tiles to fill in.