Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in the Chicagoland area take delivery of a green color MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to finalize but having a tough time pulling the trigger on green color without seeing it in person

I have, but I'm in northwest Indiana. I can appreciate your hesitation, because after seeing all the photos of the blue cars, I was having a bit of finalizer's remorse. However, when I took delivery, I knew I had made the right choice. Plus, there seem to be a crap-ton of blue Model S's in the wild, but not a whole lot of green ones. The paint job sorta reminds me of an old-school Jag green.

I really sympathize with you on the subject of color, I have seen the threads lately about all the blue going thru thru factory, of course it would be nice if before you pull the trigger on a particular color for such an expensive purchase, you could visit a sore and look at the shades of the pallets to ease your mind. If that is just not possible this is all I can say, my fav color is blue, I just don't like green, brown black or white, or red, BUT I don't know what sways me, but every picture I see of the S in Black, Brown, Green, White, Red, is just STUNNING. I really love them all, and if a mistake had been made and they sent me the wrong color by mistake I believe I would keep it because they are all GORGEOUS. So pick the color you like and you will love it more every day, there truly are no bad choices, good luck and enjoy!

Looking to finalize but having a tough time pulling the trigger on green color without seeing it in person

Seeing in person made all the difference to me as I described here.
Have you tried calling the Chicago Service Center?
Yes, it's quite a dark green but very rich, I think. There was a blue S outside in shade of the building and it looked black when I walked up to it.
The paint had a liquidity to it that was very appealing. I can see why it's a favorite... just not my favorite.

Seeing in person made all the difference to me as I described here.
Have you tried calling the Chicago Service Center?
Yes, it's quite a dark green but very rich, I think. There was a blue S outside in shade of the building and it looked black when I walked up to it.
The paint had a liquidity to it that was very appealing. I can see why it's a favorite... just not my favorite.
I was torn between green and black. I decided on black. I recently saw a green Model S. it is stunning especially in the sunlight. Photos do not due even come close.

<snip> you could visit a s[t]ore and look at the shades of the pallets to ease your mind.</snip>

I've found that the plates in the store don't even come close to representing the actual body color (at least the ones I've looked at). Unless Tesla has repainted and distributed new color sample plates, I wouldn't trust them to provide an accurate representation of the color.

I've found that the plates in the store don't even come close to representing the actual body color (at least the ones I've looked at). Unless Tesla has repainted and distributed new color sample plates, I wouldn't trust them to provide an accurate representation of the color.
I totally agree. Plus, I think the lighting in the stores alters some colors more than others (compared to daylight).