Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know how to enable this menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This pic came from a Facebook Model S group. Does anyone know how to enable this menu or is something only Tesla can enable? Would be nice to see without having to fire up 'Scan my Tesla' app.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 10.48.37 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr and rickyjb
Two things, one is rude as hell, the other is how to get to the menu:

1.) what would you do with this info while you're driving? nothing here is within your control nor do you know what the right/wrong values would be. The car would know before you and give you the error.

2.) its a menu you get by holding the wheel to swap menus (like normal) except when you're in developer mode. Next time you're at the service center you can ask them to leave it up for you. Basically, this came about because techs would forget to flip back to whatever the customer had as their menu before. It doesnt require developer mode to display, but the option to display it is hidden unless you're in developer mode.

Two things, one is rude as hell, the other is how to get to the menu:

1.) what would you do with this info while you're driving? nothing here is within your control nor do you know what the right/wrong values would be. The car would know before you and give you the error.

2.) its a menu you get by holding the wheel to swap menus (like normal) except when you're in developer mode. Next time you're at the service center you can ask them to leave it up for you. Basically, this came about because techs would forget to flip back to whatever the customer had as their menu before. It doesnt require developer mode to display, but the option to display it is hidden unless you're in developer mode.

Some people like to know some details on how the internals of their car is performing (e.g. why I run Scan My Tesla). Is my battery at 5C or 17C. Is my stator warming up my battery or am I using battery power to warm it up? Its the same as a computer.. Some people never use task manager or use 3rd party monitoring software like istat menus and some install it before anything else. Not looking for it to report an error. Just interested in how its performing. I understand some people are not interested in this excessive information and some are obsessed with it.

I will definitely ask the tech at my next visit.

I'd like this on my car. Tesla has been messing with the volts on older cars and it's useful information to see when and by how much they are reducing vmax. The first car I ever owned as a teenager had temperature and volt gauges in the dash it's hardly secret information or an unusual request.

Reactions: davidc18