Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone knows what that icon means?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting this thing displayed when I go about 55... Not sure what it is and it does nothing when I click on it.

Image attached.

Attachments

• 20200731_204147.jpg
    20200731_204147.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 98
I get that too at 50mph, not figured it out yet
If you look at the top left (next to the LTE phone icon) you should see another orange Triangle symbol that might give you a hint. I think it is the absoute speed limit. This is part of the relative limit setting (there are 2 settings in one if you see what I mean) change it to "absolute" and I bet it will read 53 mph.

If you look at the top left (next to the LTE phone icon) you should see another orange Triangle symbol that might give you a hint. I think it is the absoute speed limit. This is part of the relative limit setting (there are 2 settings in one if you see what I mean) change it to "absolute" and I bet it will read 53 mph.
I don't think there was another triangle symbol. I'll check next time, and will change to absolute.

A thought.. is it linked to engaging Autopilot? Isn't there a limit on certain road types?

There's also a speed limit that can be set via the app... maybe that, although as you're going faster than that, it doesn't seem to work very well if it is! (I think there's also one linked to valet mode)

It looks like when I switched my relative speed limit (that AP uses as its 'set speed') to absolute by accident once. AP wouldn't engage over 50, and the car kept dinging at me every time I transitioned over 50. Definitely have a good poke in that section of the controls.

Why does it appear when accelerating onto a motorway then?