Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone not get the text blast yesterday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Nothing. I got an earlier text about completing and submitting the profile by 6/1/20 for expected delivery mid to late June. I completed everything right after that. No trade in. It’s like trying to figure out a puzzle.

No news, did all the pre-check in items, no vin...ordered day 0, March-2019. White/White PUP 21" FSD. Started looking at the Jag I-s being discounted from $ 70 to $ 50K. But, will give it till the end of the month. How much interest would I have made on the $ 2,500 deposit made last March anyway.

Reactions: jimmym1981
Reached out to my local sales rep via email as I didn’t receive the text blast yesterday and wondered if they had any insight.

This was their answer:

“Unfortunately we don’t have any insight as to where “on the list” you are. I would say if you don’t hear from us in the next couple of weeks it is likely that you will get your car in September.”

I am in Colorado ordered on May 19,2020

I hope this isn’t the case....

I got nothing either. I ordered day zero.

White/white/20"/LR/no FSD

I chatted up the Tesla bot this morning and he looked at my account and said everything looks ok. They aren't waiting for anything from me. I did ask if the fact I'm doing a trade is impacting delivery and he said "no". I also asked if I should cancel and place a new order and he was against that - LOL.

My guess is they are dragging out the trade-ins so they can lowball them even further. Sounds like some of that is going on. I just said I wanted to do a trade because that would be my last resort. Would it make any sense to remove that requirement from my account?
Have they given you a trade in offer? My car is immaculate and they offer me $3000 less than the lowest trade in value listed in kelly bluebook.

Have they given you a trade in offer? My car is immaculate and they offer me $3000 less than the lowest trade in value listed in kelly bluebook.
Yes, I have a quote from Tesla for the trade-in and yes, it's several thousand less than KBB, but more than Carvana and other online services. Tried to get a quote from CarMax, but they don't seem to know what they're doing, so I didn't bother.

I'll probably sell it privately once I get some visibility on delivery. I'm tempted to delete it from the configuration, but I like to have a fall-back just in case.

Hey to add some hope to the hopeless. I didn't get a text yesterday either so I emailed my Tesla Advisor (he had reached out last week a few days after I initiated my order).

In his words, "we are waiting on getting your vehicle assigned to you but be ready to receive delivery within the next few weeks!".

I'm cautiously optimistic after hearing the 1000's of varying experiences people are having.

(My order: black/black LR awd, no fsd, Tesla financing)

I didn’t get the text blast either. ordered a blue/white LR AWD, 20” wheels with FSD and tow hitch on
5/19/20. Colorado Delivery

Got the original email about prioritizing those with paperwork completed before 6/1/20. All loan paperwork and trade in documentation was completed in time and my account shows next steps as insurance information which I cannot complete with out the VIN on the Model Y.

I have not received a MVPA or at VIN in the source code.

I didn't get that email either. Weird. My paperwork was completed back in April.

I got nothing either. I ordered day zero.

White/white/20"/LR/no FSD

I chatted up the Tesla bot this morning and he looked at my account and said everything looks ok. They aren't waiting for anything from me. I did ask if the fact I'm doing a trade is impacting delivery and he said "no". I also asked if I should cancel and place a new order and he was against that - LOL.

My guess is they are dragging out the trade-ins so they can lowball them even further. Sounds like some of that is going on. I just said I wanted to do a trade because that would be my last resort. Would it make any sense to remove that requirement from my account?

I doubt it. I have no trade in, no financing, ordered Oct 2019, nothing since the email. Paperwork is completed...I asked if I could just pay for it to speed up the VIN, the Las Vegas rep said "No."

Ordered Metallic Silver/LR AWD/Black Int /20" wheels