Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone notice their regen braking affected by 2022.20.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issues here - after an update a few weeks ago (a month maybe?), the regen feels weaker and intermittent. The intermittent issue has been fixed for me by more recent updates but when the update was first pushed I noticed it would be extremely weak to the point where I wasn't sure if it was even on. I found that if I go into the regen settings, toggle it to something else and then toggle it back, the regen seems to suddenly be a bit stronger. Not quite as strong as it was pre-update but better than before doing the toggle. I had to do that every time I got into the car. Though, I'm not sure if it was an actual workaround or placebo-effect or just that the battery was conditioned from running longer. In any case, more recent updates seem to have fixed the intermittent issue, but the regen is still weaker overall.

nope normal for me, i also just got the blend regen and brakes when regen is not fully available super excited
Normal here too but no blend brakes option yet as of 2022.20.7. Been looking forward to that option as stated in the owner's manual:

"To experience the same amount of deceleration whenever you release the accelerator pedal, regardless of the state of the Battery, you can choose to have the regular braking system automatically engage whenever regenerative braking is limited. Touch Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking is Limited."

• Informative
Reactions: andaconda
Been looking forward to that option as stated in the owner's manual:
Just installed 2022.20.8 and this blend brakes when regen is limited option appeared. Whoo Hoo. Nothing in the release notes for this build but a new release note for this appeared in the 2022.16 section that was not there before. Off road assist and slip start options are now greyed out though... Interesting. We'll see how it goes.

Just updated to 2022.20.6 last week (22'MYP) and noticed a significant reduction in regen braking even though settings have remained the same. In my normal driving I actually touch the brake pedal maybe 5% during stops. After the upgrade I was using it maybe 20% of the time. Anyone noticing anything like this? Might just have to lift off sooner and adjust.
Yep, I noticed it in my 21 MYLR. Just adjusted to slow down sooner and increased follow distance.

Just updated to 2022.20.6 last week (22'MYP) and noticed a significant reduction in regen braking even though settings have remained the same. In my normal driving I actually touch the brake pedal maybe 5% during stops. After the upgrade I was using it maybe 20% of the time. Anyone noticing anything like this? Might just have to lift off sooner and adjust.

Yes, I noticed it on my update also. For me, the setting changed (cruise instead of standard), but once I changed it back to my normal setting it was fine. And since then I'd upgraded to 2022.20.7, then 2022.20.8, and those settings and regen feel have remained consistent. So I chucked it up to a one-off settings change (the same way that all updates change my temperature settings from 69 degrees back to 70 degrees). So I've learned to flip through the menus after an update...

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Reactions: STBR0510
On my model 3 I've started noticing intermittently weak regen right after I back off the accelerator. But it doesn't happen every time. I'll let off the accelerator and then have a "yikes!" moment as the car doesn't slow down as expected and I reflexively apply the brake. but it doesn't seem to happen every time, it's intermittent. I don't like it. I'm on 20.8.

Last edited:
Same issue for me. Regen seems really weak and I had to slam the brakes at one point as I have become use to the stopping distance releasing the accelerator. SoC is between 70-80% and I’m on 20.8. Something definitely doesn’t seem right.

I’ve noticed this as well on my ‘21MYLR. Thought it was just me.

Reactions: Prime1000