Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received 2018 model X delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I picked up a 2017 I looked at ordering in Nov and December. Tesla was quoting March 2018 delivery for P100D, and is still quoting March delivery. Based on this I am guessing 2018 build dates won't start til around this time frame. Similar to my Model S Dec 15 build date which took delivery Feb of 16

Its an inventory car with close to the configuration we wanted. It completed with a build date in late Dec 2017, shipped in 2018 to the dealer, I drove it as a demo brand new (9 miles) and decided to buy it. VIN # confirmed its a 2018 model. I'm old school.... inspected the car, test drive for a few days, inspect again with a fix list with very minor issues, and bought it. This way I don't get into post SC fixes after I made the purchase....

Just wondering if anyone has receive model x delivery recently. Looking to order model x 100d or pick up nov 2017 built
Hey there, I ordered my Model X 75D on 1/18, confirmed on 1/21. Still no VIN or production status update - getting anxious. I haven't heard of anyone taking a delivery in 2018 yet and there doesn't seem to be an inventory cars available... would love to hear if anyone else had different experience so far.

I ordered 12/16, confirmed 12/19, didn’t get a VIN for 5 weeks.

Based on the order spreadsheet, it appears they dedicated all of January to building cars for overseas and are just starting production for US based cars now to be delivered later this month and in March.

My DS said my car is slated to start production 2/19, so that’s a 60 day gap from confirmed to production.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just ordered a 100D X in Pearl White in the store in Century City (Los Angeles). The website shows late March 2018 delivery. I am leasing the car and was told that my lease application would only be valid for 30 days so to plan it out accordingly. Is the end of March 2018 date reliable? If I do submit my credit application to Tesla in the beginning of March and somehow m delivery gets delayed to April, they will have to run my credit again they said. Any advice from anyone in a similar situation. Thanks.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I ordered 12/16, confirmed 12/19, didn’t get a VIN for 5 weeks.

Based on the order spreadsheet, it appears they dedicated all of January to building cars for overseas and are just starting production for US based cars now to be delivered later this month and in March.

My DS said my car is slated to start production 2/19, so that’s a 60 day gap from confirmed to production.
Does anyone know that if you already placed an order and paid the deposit but an inventory car becomes available before you take delivery, will they allow you to transfer the deposit to the inventory car?