Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone running 255s all around on M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to grab some new 255/35/20 on a new set of 20x9 and been hearing great things about dws06+. If my car will never see snow, are these still a great choice? Will road noise be similar to oem ps4?
@aspec818 Your profile says bay area - I assume that's SF bay area. If you're never taking the car/tires up to freezing weather in the California mountains I'd suggest summer tires.

DWS series have long been considered the best performance allseasons if you actually need to use it in the snow much. Historically performance allseasons were pretty much useless in the snow and ice (they were "all season" because the still worked in the dry in freezing temperatures). DWS series are not real snow tires of course, but from what I've seen on friends cars and from those friends' reviews the DWS series have a pretty darn good and unique compromise of usable snow traction (not like a real snow tire of course) combined with good dry and wet performance. But they're still an allseason, they don't match a good summer performance tire in above-freezing weather.

If there's no freezing weather in the picture, and you care about performance, then there's not much reason to compromise on an allseason. In theory (I haven't used them) the PS4 summer tire should be higher performing, and I bet every bit as NVH friendly. PS4S or Potenza Sport (I'm using the latter right now) would be even higher performing still, probably at the cost of slightly more NVH (both still very street focused and 100% street friendly for anyone into fast cars), and a bit less tread life. You can use those summer tires year round in the SF bay area.

Looking to grab some new 255/35/20 on a new set of 20x9 and been hearing great things about dws06+. If my car will never see snow, are these still a great choice? Will road noise be similar to oem ps4?
I ran this exact setup this past year. It worked phenomenally in the New England. We had some deep snow that wasn't too of an issue. Best performance all season tires I've ever used. Winter traction was close to what I got out of my Highlander with Bridgestone Alenza all seasons.

That said, I would still like a dedicated winter set for big storms.

Yup! The (much) lighter wheels were easily felt...not subtle at all. Car felt better and more nimble in quick back-and-forth turns, and the power steering assist felt better too, almost as if it were struggling slightly before with the Uberturbines. Steering got a bit lighter but actually felt better.

I downsized and went for forged wheels mainly for bad road / pothole protection. I wasn't counting pounds and haven't weighed either the original or new setups, but just from carrying them around, for sure I dropped quite a few pounds per corner. Even so the difference and benefit I felt through the steering wheel was more than I expected.

Nice! Yeah I have a very similar setup now, Redwood Öhlins DFV in Performance Sport, and also the MPP FLCA bearings. I just got it all setup and aligned, haven't done any serious driving or even played with different damper settings yet, but right away the difference vs stock is huuuuuge. The car feels just awesome now, way more controlled, responsive, and taught, and I bet your car feels similar.

Awesome! Yeah it's amazing the difference coilovers and good tires make, it feels like a whole new car. The MPP bearings seem to really sharpen the steering up too, and should last much longer than the OEM ones. I also added the MPP master cylinder brace this weekend, it really firms up the braking feel, more linear and less spongy. For $180 and a 10-15 min install, highly recommend!

Reactions: santua