Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone swapping over to the Taycan??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So not much love for the Taycan here :).

Maybe I shouldn't have titled 'swap' as theres no way I would trade in our X for one, but as an alternative second car for the family......Though how you can dismiss a six figure Porsche as a 'second' car is quite amusing.

Reactions: GreenT
The Taycan configurator is live and it doesn’t take much to take even the cheapest close to £100k (managed to spec one for £223,835). I actually think it looks promising and am sure will sell well even if a bit on the pricey side. Also agree that the turbo naming thing is just stupid.

We'll test drive one as soon as we can because my wife and her family have owned, and raced, a number of Porsches and we're both very curious about it but I don't think we'll be inclined to spend that much money. It's amazing how many things are extra at a car with that price point. The mobile charger. Even the "Range Manager" that can lower AC output and can warn the drive to slow down in order to reach the destination is an extra $300.

And, yes, the lack of a Supercharger network that even begins to approach Tesla's is a negative.

£ 1,154.00 for the UMC
£ 294.00 for the wall charger - I do wonder if you can buy it without the car because it looks really nice.

£ 121,419.00 for the near-base car

The optional extras are in the realm of the Prada handbag. And they will sells dozens of these cars!

To be honest, I'd be tempted if I had money to burn. But in that price range I'd probably be ordering a Tesla Roadster

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
Finally a car for all those who think Teslas should have everything standard because they cost so much! At least the panel gaps and paint will be perfect, right?

I am glad to see additional EV choices finally hitting the market. Tesla can't be everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: GreenT
I hope so after this cluster mess with model 3 deliveries and defects I really hope Audi get a competitive vehicle together

I think when the reservation backlog is dealt with the delivery position will be considerably better. It was much the same in March ‘17 when the first X’s were coming in and we had the April luxury car tax deadline. It was pretty chaotic then. It won’t be perfect as Tesla still underestimate the transit time and give unrealistic delivery estimates in the Design Studio.

I don’t believe the fit and finish will match that of Audi but will be compensated for by the forward looking nature of Tesla and the tech, OTA updates and charging network. Whether that compensation is sufficient will depend on what is most important to you. I came from Lexus to Tesla and sweated buckets over the backward step in build quality I knew I was taking. However, the drive experience and forward looking nature of Tesla has more than compensated and I’ve had the best 2.5 years of car ownership since I started driving nearly 40 years ago. God that makes me feel old o_O.

• Informative
Reactions: Yev000 and Durzel