Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously Porsche!? Tempted to jump ship, new Taycan Turismo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never seen anything about reserving either. Maybe it's something new coming... or maybe it was a legacy thing that never was added yet somehow floated to the surface of a software upgrade? Maybe it's something that EA can do if a customer calls complaining that one location didn't work or was offline etc and support directs them to the next closest place?

Who knows; all I know is that the usage of EA stations generally seems to be far less "enjoyable" than superchargers.... at least right now. Hopefully that changes fast, but in the last year it doesn't seem like they've done much to make the useability better.

It looks like Sandy was trying to charge in a mall parking lot during the day. There were only a few chargers, maybe 4, so I could see how EA wouldn't want someone to plug in for multiple hours and hog a stall. I think he commented in another video about only being able to charge for 30 minutes.

My local SC (Mountain View) has ~9 stalls and it's one of the smallest in the Bay Area. It's only 150kW, but I've never had to wait there. That being said, I always check for free stalls before heading over.

I saw that too but I haven’t found anything that supports the requirement of an EA reservation.

I like Sandy but he’s not always right.

I've never seen anything about reserving either. Maybe it's something new coming... or maybe it was a legacy thing that never was added yet somehow floated to the surface of a software upgrade? Maybe it's something that EA can do if a customer calls complaining that one location didn't work or was offline etc and support directs them to the next closest place?

Who knows; all I know is that the usage of EA stations generally seems to be far less "enjoyable" than superchargers.... at least right now. Hopefully that changes fast, but in the last year it doesn't seem like they've done much to make the useability better.

you must be new to tesla forums, there are many evangelical like zealots who just cannot tolerate any dissension in the ranks
Nope, definitely not new here. I see this all the time and it's very frustrating how a lot of folks can be soo personal/closed minded about other EV's. I was expressing my frustration. I love my MS75D, and I think the Taycan is a fantastic car.

Personally I would not be comfortable getting a Taycan or any other EV besides a Tesla simply because I personally have more confidence with Tesla's better supercharging network for long distance trips. Some folks don't care about that as much, or they feel its not issue. More power to them - everyone is unique.

I still don't get why we get upset with other folks preferences. We just need to take a couple of chill pills and move on.

Reactions: Doc Brown
Nope, definitely not new here. I see this all the time and it's very frustrating how a lot of folks can be soo personal/closed minded about other EV's. I was expressing my frustration. I love my MS75D, and I think the Taycan is a fantastic car.

Personally I would not be comfortable getting a Taycan or any other EV besides a Tesla simply because I personally have more confidence with Tesla's better supercharging network for long distance trips. Some folks don't care about that as much, or they feel its not issue. More power to them - everyone is unique.

I still don't get why we get upset with other folks preferences. We just need to take a couple of chill pills and move on.
without getting into analyzing people's behavior, many need that group think self affirmation, for many tesla owners here this is the first "special" car that they've ever owned and got excited about. there is no excitement offered by owning a camry or civic

agree with 95%. For many - the supercharging network isn’t tops on the list of must-haves. Travel is close to home for most (not 100-mile daily commutes) and many have access to other fast-charging options. EA has been great for us. For some, build quality, comfort, and service will be equally, if not more, important - and IMO Tesla has slipped too far in those categories. I hope it turns around - as Tesla has been revolutionary.

Reactions: SilverGS
agree with 95%. For many - the supercharging network isn’t tops on the list of must-haves. Travel is close to home for most (not 100-mile daily commutes) and many have access to other fast-charging options. EA has been great for us. For some, build quality, comfort, and service will be equally, if not more, important - and IMO Tesla has slipped too far in those categories. I hope it turns around - as Tesla has been revolutionary.
Agreed - early EV adopters got spoiled with the best EV drivetrain from Tesla, however legacy ICE manufacturers now have very competitive EV cars and so it's not just about an amazing drivetrain (Tesla's).

Traditional luxury (read legacy ICE manufacturers) , quality of fit and finish is just as important.

Unless Tesla adapts, it will be to their detriment.

Taycan is INCREDIBLE and I agree - people chill out. EA network is widespread and it's nice having 200-350kw charging with an 800V system. Their expansion plan in motion now is great and needs to be with all of the EV being released 21, 22 and beyond.

FWIW: Taycan shows zero phantom drain when sitting for extended time periods.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
FWIW: Taycan shows zero phantom drain when sitting for extended time periods.

Showing zero and using zero are two different things. They may use energy from a reserve. Would still need to maintain battery temp.

And I do prefer to have features like my Sentry mode on.

Also there is this investigation going on.

porsche is a name that people equate with MONEY-RICH PEOPLE. Teslas used to be that more then now since the 3 and y are put. The porsche will be slicker looking and well built for sure but will cost more then any tesla in the end. People with $$ who want others to think they are rich will get a porsche. This is why where i live i see grey haired old men driving a porsche more then younger people as by that age their dream car is afforable.lol.. If i had the $$ and didnt have an s i would consider one because i know it would be a quality car. But likely couldnt afford it.

• Disagree
Reactions: XLR82XS