Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried Nansure Read Splash Guards? (Looks like OEM Front Mud Flaps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone tried these Nansure Model Y Rear Mud Flaps? Amazon.com: Nansure Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Rear Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y 2020 2021 2022, No Need to Drill Holes (Set of 2) : Automotive? The Amazon Reviews seem Bogus so wanted to see if anyone has them.. probably not because they are so new...

They look like the OEM front flaps but they are for the rear. I just saw someone post these on Facebook and am wondering if anyone has them?

I currently am running OEM front flaps and Basenor style in the rear and I just bought the Rally Armor ones a few days ago.... I wish I had seen this earlier as it would have been nice to be able to match the front and the rear mudflaps without spending the extra $180 on the RallyArmor....

Just wondering if anyone has ordered these and what do you think about them.

41Y4CJuysZL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
71SXYb65RrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71AP1B9OsLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 101dals and CaliX
I received the OE front mudflaps at delivery and was looking for rear mudflaps that matched that style.

I had already ordered the basenor set but I discovered the nansure set before installing them. I should receive them tmo and will be installing them. I’ll post some pics here.
Thanks in advance for posting the pictures. We just got back from Lake Placid and our car is a salt covered mess. The OEM Tesla front mud flaps did a good job. I will probably try these if they look good. Didn't like how the basenor attached.

I recently purchased them from Amazon, and I've had the OEM flaps from Tesla on the front since day 1.

I chose them because their shape is very similar to the Tesla OEM flap, and they don't have a "pocket" in them like the Basenor (and similar) that collects road grime. They are unobtrusive and don't scream I HAVE MUD FLAPS, like the Rally Armor do.

They are made from a stiffer plastic than the Tesla OEM flap. I haven't had them scrap on a speed bump yet, so I don't know how they will react if they do (the Tesla ones flex).

For a nickel's worth of thermoplastic, is $29 a good value? No. But then neither is Tesla's at $50.

On a scale of "wow", "fine", "eh", and "pass", I'd give them a "fine".

I recently purchased them from Amazon, and I've had the OEM flaps from Tesla on the front since day 1.

I chose them because their shape is very similar to the Tesla OEM flap, and they don't have a "pocket" in them like the Basenor (and similar) that collects road grime. They are unobtrusive and don't scream I HAVE MUD FLAPS, like the Rally Armor do.

They are made from a stiffer plastic than the Tesla OEM flap. I haven't had them scrap on a speed bump yet, so I don't know how they will react if they do (the Tesla ones flex).

For a nickel's worth of thermoplastic, is $29 a good value? No. But then neither is Tesla's at $50.

On a scale of "wow", "fine", "eh", and "pass", I'd give them a "fine".
Thanks! With the foot of snow that we have gotten today in Brooklyn, I guess I will be trying them out sooner rather than later. 😆

I installed these on my MYP within a week of having the car. I like how the front ones OEM are flexible so I only installed the rears and just kept the fronts in the trunk if ever need be,

These fit great and took like 5 minutes to install, and have held up great to push snow, salt, etc off.

These look like most every other aftermarket mudflap available on Amazon.

I think the reason the Nansure mudflaps are unique, thus why this thread exists, is because they have the same flat shape as the front oem ones from Tesla.

Went to install these and had trouble lining up the holes with the existing wheel well liners holes when clipped into the side. I'll take another stab tmo when I have more time
Went to install these and had trouble lining up the holes with the existing wheel well liners holes when clipped into the side. I'll take another stab tmo when I have more time

Mine are arriving tomorrow. I’ll post my success or failure. Hopefully the holes on mine will line up.

I initially ran into this too. It's a cramped space to work in.

What worked best for me was to put pop rivet in the hole of the mudflap closest to the clip (but dont push the pin all the way in yet), then rotate the mud flap about that point to catch the clip on the side trim. Then push in the pin all the way in.

I also found that the inside pop rivet pin took a lot of force to insert.

These look like most every other aftermarket mudflap available on Amazon.

I think the reason the Nansure mudflaps are unique, thus why this thread exists, is because they have the same flat shape as the front oem ones from Tesla.
Oh the Nansure ones are sick, I didn't even see those when I purchased mine. I'm sure they work really well too. Not sure if i'd want them on the rear however, as the front ones already scrape the speed bump in my neighborhood.

They don't seem to scrape on speed bumps because they have a much higher ground clearance than the front. The front OEM Tesla flaps only have a 3 inch ground clearance. The Nansure rear flaps have 6 inches of clearance due to the upward curvature of the rear of the car. (This was measured on a MYLR, the MYP might be a bit lower)

However, I did learn yesterday that they will scrape the road when turning up a very steep driveway (you know those driveways where you see gouges in the asphalt from other cars bottoming out).

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Anyone tried these Nansure Model Y Rear Mud Flaps? Amazon.com: Nansure Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Rear Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y 2020 2021 2022, No Need to Drill Holes (Set of 2) : Automotive? The Amazon Reviews seem Bogus so wanted to see if anyone has them.. probably not because they are so new...

They look like the OEM front flaps but they are for the rear. I just saw someone post these on Facebook and am wondering if anyone has them?

I currently am running OEM front flaps and Basenor style in the rear and I just bought the Rally Armor ones a few days ago.... I wish I had seen this earlier as it would have been nice to be able to match the front and the rear mudflaps without spending the extra $180 on the RallyArmor....

Just wondering if anyone has ordered these and what do you think about them.

41Y4CJuysZL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
71SXYb65RrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71AP1B9OsLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I am happy with this👇Looks beautiful.
——
Nansure Car Mud Flaps Compatible with 2020 2021 2022 Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y, No Need to Drill Holes(Set of 4) Amazon.com

Reactions: 73Bruin
I installed them today. Maybe a tad bit harder than the OEM Tesla ones but still really easy. I like them as it gives a little symmetry with the fronts. Not sure how much they work, but will know soon on our next ski trip.

Reactions: Wyeme
I was disappointed in them. They are very small and don’t provide any real meaningful coverage. Below is a picture comparing the size to the basenor ones. Also the fitment, at least on mine, was poor. And be careful using the rivets that it comes with. Mine wouldn’t work with the original ones from the car so I used the ones that were provided in the box and it was extremely hard to get them back out. Despite having a screw head it would not unthread.
34CE9E4F-F4DD-4B81-9DA1-47A2D5A6D8A0.jpeg
D4E4749E-7143-4D3F-B617-C5ED602F115E.jpeg

I was disappointed in them. They are very small and don’t provide any real meaningful coverage. Below is a picture comparing the size to the basenor ones. Also the fitment, at least on mine, was poor. And be careful using the rivets that it comes with. Mine wouldn’t work with the original ones from the car so I used the ones that were provided in the box and it was extremely hard to get them back out. Despite having a screw head it would not unthread.

I've gone through two sets of Bomely flaps due to the fronts breaking off (one happened during my first drive, replaced by the vendor at no charge). Even though they were catastrophic failures, I can't remember a time where they even rubbed anything while driving. Really odd, but I guess I'm not surprised due to the low cost and rigid plastic. I had to cut the heads off of the push pins for the Bomely flaps to remove them as well.

How flexible are the Basenor flaps? I see the picture of them flexing one of the flaps on Amazon, but I'd rather hear from someone who actually has them installed. I currently have the OEM Tesla fronts and the Nansure rears on order.