TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone tried tesla-lights.net

Discussion in 'Model X' started by gprabu, Nov 8, 2019.

1. gprabu

gprabu Member

Im interested in buying their front "T" light for my "X". But I'm not getting good response from them.
    Has anyone brought from them? Are they reliable? I'm worried because I asked for information but what I got it two line short email saying will get back to me but nothing after that

2. MD JD

MD JD Member

Is it street legal?

3. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

#3 GalaxySurfer, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    I got the front and back for my X and i love them, they seem kinda expensive for the quality tho. And i wasnt brave enough to try to wire them myself, so i had my tint/wrap shop do it. (They said it was super simple)
    I also added a carbon fiber decal over it.
    20191110_123125.jpg
    These could very easily be 3D printed at a fraction of the cost tho. (Just saying)

That being said. I highly recommend.

I also recommend "puddle lights" and the led light upgrade. The purple ones dont give off purple light, so that was disapointing. But the blue ones are awesome, and the other standard white/red upgrade lights are much brighter. (That install takes maybe 20 seconds, puddle lights too. There plug in)
    Pics upon req

Attached Files:

4. GalaxySurfer

20190819_072408.jpg 20181206_175929.jpg

• Like x 1
  5. GalaxySurfer

Street legal as long as front is white and back is red. (Wont let you select color anyway)

• Like x 1
  6. gprabu

gprabu Member

7. BenBethel

BenBethel Member

I would really like to just see this done with some little solar light that charges up a small battery and lights up using thin EL wire... seems a 1" x 1" panel could do the trick, tucked away. or just a rechargeable LED strip... we have these $7 strips from alibaba that run for quite some time on a charge and they're super tiny. my goal is easy install for sure. For now I really liked the brighter interior lights with the red T that projects on the ground when the doors open. That's about as modded as I get.

8. GalaxySurfer

The rear light is spliced from the spoiler light, the front light is spliced from parking lights (i think)

9. teethdood

teethdood Member

If you are going to keep your car for a long time, cool. If you are going to trade or sell it in a couple of years, modifications typically lower your resale value.