Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try V3 superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m more curious about the charging curve Vs higher kW.
Funny you say that. I noticed in my most recent supercharge (yesterday) that when I charged from 35% to 70% SoC, the first 25% charged at a higher rate than my last recoding. About 5-10kW in early parts of the curve; from around 60% and beyond it matched my previous results. I need to pay closer attention next time....and will take notes.

Strasburg VA, rolled in at 9% SOC.
I have no idea if it is V3 or not, don’t know how to tell.

Saw a higher charge rate than I have seen before. Version 2019.16.2 on a 2015 P85D. Grabbed an app screenshot about two or three minutes after charging started.
CE804D0C-9979-4A39-AE38-E1C59CACEFC4.png

I had never seen 115 kW charge rate before on my previous car which was also an 85.

Not sure if the higher charge rate was due to the new firmware or the Supercharger being a V3.

Strasburg VA, rolled in at 9% SOC.
I have no idea if it is V3 or not, don’t know how to tell.

Saw a higher charge rate than I have seen before. Version 2019.16.2 on a 2015 P85D. Grabbed an app screenshot about two or three minutes after charging started.
View attachment 417675

I had never seen 115 kW charge rate before on my previous car which was also an 85.

Not sure if the higher charge rate was due to the new firmware or the Supercharger being a V3.
I also got 115 this past weekend with my 2013 85 (b pack) multiple times at what I believe to be non V3 superchargers. It was a nice surprise!

My antique never sees 115 after v9 was installed, period. Yesterday it started at 70. I've complained to Tesla, they lie and blame charger.
V3 super chargers will charge some brand new cars at 150. But only for a few minutes if the car is empty. I've seen 2.
I go to DC a lot, 5 stops each way. There 2 new locations with v3 chargers. Only affects new cars. Mine never went above 110 last month. It was lower most of the time. I was in Arlington and 3 stalls only gave me 50. Tesla said all stalls were bad. I went to Potomac mills, same problems. V9 has ruined my charging ability.

All chargers built in last year r v3. But the 250kw charge was dialed back. I was at on in Florence, ranger said 3s can only get 150.
I was at a brand new week old ones. They could not get more than 50kw, I was on phone with Draper for one hour, I moved 4 times to see what was wrong. He finally gave up and admitted it was my antique. I went 40 miles to another very old charger in Potomac Mills, rate went up to 110.

All chargers built in last year r v3. But the 250kw charge was dialed back. I was at on in Florence, ranger said 3s can only get 150.
I was at a brand new week old ones. They could not get more than 50kw, I was on phone with Draper for one hour, I moved 4 times to see what was wrong. He finally gave up and admitted it was my antique. I went 40 miles to another very old charger in Potomac Mills, rate went up to 110.

Please stop spreading false garbage.

My question is, when's the last time u hit 6 super charger locations in one day, in 5 states, Va, NC, SC, Ga, Fl.
My local SC has gone to the chargers with me to verify my problems.
I only go by what they tell me. V9 stopped my super charging, verified by service man going to the charger with me for 4 months at 2 different locations.
There are a lot of threads on here with same problems.
I've been in over 25 states, 138k, all my problems started with v9, verified by Tesla. All my hardware was built in 2012. They were doing fine until the last update was installed.
If u have new hardware, then u most likely aren't experiencing these problems. Think of it this way, Microsoft stopped supporting 8. Now on 10. If u try to load 10 on a 7 yr old PC it wont run. BIOS cant support it. You cant keep increasing the size of the OS to cover every MCU until it won't hold it or run it. That's a fact.

(OT) I wouldn't know about Win10 on older hardware, but my 11-year-old Core2 Quad runs the latest Linux distros w/o any trouble.
It's not my main computer but I like to use it as a test machine before committing to install something on my main box.