Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using the pixel 4xl and Jeda Wirless Charging Pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does not seem to work for me. It starts charging but after a few minutes it starts flip-flopping between displaying the battery percentage and the wireless charging message. Then it will stop charging unless I pick up the phone and put it back down.

If you have a different wireless charging pad and this phone what are you using?

Right now I'm thinking about trying to return the Jeda pad or the phone?

I did find this post on Reddit that has me thinking the pixel 4xl is just not compatible with aftermarket wireless chargers.
Pixel 4 xl: wireless charging problem : GooglePixel

It does not seem to work for me. It starts charging but after a few minutes it starts flip-flopping between displaying the battery percentage and the wireless charging message. Then it will stop charging unless I pick up the phone and put it back down.

If you have a different wireless charging pad and this phone what are you using?

Right now I'm thinking about trying to return the Jeda pad or the phone?

I did find this post on Reddit that has me thinking the pixel 4xl is just not compatible with aftermarket wireless chargers.
Pixel 4 xl: wireless charging problem : GooglePixel

Would say my new 4xl charges SAS on wireless chargers that aren't the new Google one.

I don't have a pad in the car, but my 4XL works fine with a couple aftermarket Anker wireless charging stands even with a case on the phone. Probably just depends on the charger and what they support.

I am thinking about adding a pad to the car so glad to see what works and what doesn't.
Interesting, for $120 it should do as it says and work with all phones? I guess I will have to return either the pad or the phone?

My 4xl works well on the Taptes pads. I had the first Gen and it's good. I recently swapped to their second Gen because I like the landscape mode. However in portrait the 4xl with a case on is really too tight in portrait. It charges fine, you just have to jam it in and it's a pain to wiggle it out.

Reactions: Blackburnrover
I have a Jeda V2 and a Pixel 3. I have to set the phone just right for it to charge at all... I assume because the charge coils are little high for the phone (to accommodate large phones). It doesn't charge all the time either (starts and stops like other mention).

The biggest issue to me is heat. When using Waze (or I assume anything that taxes the CPU/Battery), the phone will eventually overheat and shut down/reboot if charging at the same time. It basically makes the wireless charger pointless for me.

I'm going to run some tests with a wired connection to see if that helps. The Jeda pad creates some rattles too, so removing it might be the best thing anyway.

I plugged the pad into a power bank and it charged fine. I don't get the fast charging but it does not shut off. So maybe the pad just does not work with the Tesla USB ports?

Too bad it's micro USB instead of usbc. All the high power charges I have are usb-c. I also don't think it should require a power back to slow charge?

I'm seeing the same issues with my Pixel 3 & Jeda Wireless charging pad I just installed before Christmas. Time to send back the Jeda, I guess. I just replaced my phone because I think the usb-c charge connector and angle of the charging tray caused it to get worn out from my repeated lifting it and placing it back on charger. Got to find a good wireless charging option for Pixel 3.

I'm seeing the same issues with my Pixel 3 & Jeda Wireless charging pad I just installed before Christmas. Time to send back the Jeda, I guess. I just replaced my phone because I think the usb-c charge connector and angle of the charging tray caused it to get worn out from my repeated lifting it and placing it back on charger. Got to find a good wireless charging option for Pixel 3.
I got an email from jedda for an exchange, but would rather get it refunded. But then they haven't responded again.

I got an email from jedda for an exchange, but would rather get it refunded. But then they haven't responded again.
They sent me a list of questions to answer; most of these scenarios, I have not tried, especially plugging into a wall charger....I'm not going to drive with it that way...

• Order # ?
  • What phone and case do you have ?
  • Does the problem replicate without your phone case ?
  • Have you tried using alternate Micro USB cables to see if the cables may be faulty ?
  • Have you tried connecting the Jeda Pad to a wall charger to see if it works or if the behavior is replicated ? Please provide us with the results.
  • When you say it has to be placed "just right" can you indicate if this means higher up?
  • Does this issue occur on all 3 positions?

They sent me a list of questions to answer; most of these scenarios, I have not tried, especially plugging into a wall charger....I'm not going to drive with it that way...

• Order # ?
  • What phone and case do you have ?
  • Does the problem replicate without your phone case ?
  • Have you tried using alternate Micro USB cables to see if the cables may be faulty ?
  • Have you tried connecting the Jeda Pad to a wall charger to see if it works or if the behavior is replicated ? Please provide us with the results.
  • When you say it has to be placed "just right" can you indicate if this means higher up?
  • Does this issue occur on all 3 positions?
Yea I tried a couple wall chargers, they all had the same issues, in all 3 positions. I spent hours diagnosing the thing and finally just ended up disputing payment after jeda stopped communicating.

Just put in the taptes one, charges the phone fine. The jeda is thinner though and better layout. I can't fit my pixel 4xl into the taptes vertically with the case on, only horizontally. The wired charging implementation isn't as good either, and the fit is a little lose although the back to the charger looks almost the same.

It does charge the phone fine though.

Reactions: tyseft163
I've had a jeda wireless pad on order for quite a few weeks before it finally shipped. I have a pixel 4 xl. This thread and some of the others freaked me out and I ordered the taptes v2 charger. I got that about a week before the jeda finally shipped and showed up. Ended up returning the taptes. It worked fine but my pixel 4 xl in a spigen ultra hybrid case barely fit. It actually rubbed against the spacer and the bottom of the lid and had to be "forced" in.

With the jeda it fit just fine and I've had zero problems with it not charging, overheating (it is winter in MN right now so take that last with a grain of salt). Only complaint is with the wireless charger something squeaks down there, but it was the same with the taptes too.

I've had a jeda wireless pad on order for quite a few weeks before it finally shipped. I have a pixel 4 xl. This thread and some of the others freaked me out and I ordered the taptes v2 charger. I got that about a week before the jeda finally shipped and showed up. Ended up returning the taptes. It worked fine but my pixel 4 xl in a spigen ultra hybrid case barely fit. It actually rubbed against the spacer and the bottom of the lid and had to be "forced" in.

With the jeda it fit just fine and I've had zero problems with it not charging, overheating (it is winter in MN right now so take that last with a grain of salt). Only complaint is with the wireless charger something squeaks down there, but it was the same with the taptes too.
Does it continue to charge the phone or did you just test it real quick? Mine would start charging, but then it shuts off in about 3-5 minutes (even out of the case).

note* tested the jedda with an iphone and it works fine,