Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Using These Gemini Aero Discs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the wheel caps installed today. Here’s what they look like. Has a slight poke and protrudes out further than the tires. Makes it seem like there’s more of an aggressive offset which I like. Overall I think it looks great.
IMG_8650.jpeg
IMG_8652.jpeg
IMG_8627.jpeg

Hotshot 5959 (How could wheel covers change performance or ride? 🤣 🤣 🤪 🤪 )
@Pianewman

If a wheel cap is designed to be more aerodynamic than the standard cap, it can reduce drag and improve airflow around the wheel. This can result in a small improvement in fuel efficiency, acceleration, and top speed, especially at higher speeds.

However, certain aftermarket wheel caps may be designed to be lighter or more aerodynamic than the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) wheel caps. In some cases, these specialized wheel caps may reduce weight or wind resistance, which could potentially improve the car's performance to a small extent, such as increased fuel efficiency or slightly better handling.

It's worth noting that any gains in performance from specialized wheel caps would likely be small and may not be noticeable in everyday driving. Other modifications, such as upgrading the tires or suspension, would have a more significant impact on a car's performance.

Tesla's Aero wheels already increases 3-5% of efficiency of the car which has been tested by car and driver and a lot of youtubers.

:')

Reactions: bigboi
@bigboi still waiting on mine. should arrive soon black looks dope I've ordered white though will update once i get those
let me know if you feel any difference in performance or ride.
I really wanted white but wife said no lol. It’s her car so I can’t argue too much. Her agreeing to get these covers at all was a huge win. Feels no different at all driving. I’m curious about range. Will report back after a few days. My wife has the same commute everyday so we should be able to see if there are any affects

Reactions: Hotshot5959
Reactions: Hotshot5959