Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a gunmetal 3 have their paint polished?

ZoomsansVroom

Supporting Member
May 3, 2019
I forgot Tesla's name for it, and I couldn't find any threads about it.

I'm being encouraged to have my car ceramic coated, and I've seen what polishing the orange peel out can do for other cars.

Has anyone had their orange peel polished out on a gun metal car? I'd like to see some pictures.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
I forgot Tesla's name for it, and I couldn't find any threads about it.

I'm being encouraged to have my car ceramic coated, and I've seen what polishing the orange peel out can do for other cars.

Has anyone had their orange peel polished out on a gun metal car? I'd like to see some pictures.
you're not going to polish out orange peel, it's part of the paint process. if you have severe orange peel and runover, i would ask tesla about it.

ZoomsansVroom

Supporting Member
May 3, 2019
I understand that it takes wet sanding the clear coat. On most cars, perhaps all, TMK, orange peel is only in the clearcoat - the paint itself is flat, correct?

I wondered if anyone had that done on a midnight silver metallic, and felt like sharing photos.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC