Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with an S/X still waiting for V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe at this point V9 is only available to Early Access Program members, I received an email right before the upgrade got installed. Since then I got another update and I am now in 2018.39.6.1
I have a MX delivered in June 2018

Nope. Not early access. The press has been discussing it for weeks. If it was early access, all this chatter would violate the NDA Early Access participants must agree to. Even mentioning the existence of, or your participating in the early access program, is a violation of that agreement.

I'm a recent new owner (early Sept 2018). The reps say it's based on VIN numbers, so it looks like I'm at the back of the long line. I had just got an update alert last week, but it turned out to be 8.36.2.

For people who got their updates, if u can share when u got your MX, that would be great.

So a cust support rep told me that the "waves" tend to be around 30 days to your last update. He said since my update to 39.6 was two weeks ago, v9 wont install until around the 30 day mark.

Can anyone else speak to this "rough" schedule? EAprogram withstanding.

Finally!!!

Attachments

• 211FC8D3-E118-4EF6-BCB8-7B66F43AEC5D.jpeg
    211FC8D3-E118-4EF6-BCB8-7B66F43AEC5D.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 79
I believe at this point V9 is only available to Early Access Program members, I received an email right before the upgrade got installed. Since then I got another update and I am now in 2018.39.6.1
I have a MX delivered in June 2018
This is definitely not the case. V9 is rolling out to hundreds of vehicles registered with just TeslaFi and EV-FW, which likely does not represent the majority of Tesla owners. Further, you're not allowed to be on either of those if you are in the early access program, and I doubt that hundreds of people (there are reportedly only around 1000 or so) are violating the terms of the program. There are also plenty of people on these forums discussing V9, who are not in the program.

Finally got v9 this afternoon. Got it on the X about 5:30 and about 1.5 hours after arriving home with the 3.

However, what's odd, is I don't see a large download for it. Maybe it chunked itself over time?

Checked it again, and it was just delayed on reporting in Google WiFi.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: 1375mlm
I got my X on September 26th - it had 36.2 already on it. I did a "cold","hard" reboot or whatever you call, when you hold down the steering wheels buttons and the top part as well as the brake ............then I did it Thursday night when I pulled into the garage, the reboot, and about an hour later I had the update...........don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I have it now. I am on 39.7............................

I finally got the update, but pretty sure there isn’t any trick to it. Just be on WiFi as much as possible and wait. I also tried resetting, but it took 24 hours until I got the update, and I’m pretty sure that was a coincidence. They’ve already had a couple versions of 9.0, so it seems they’re taking it relatively slow and making little updates as they go.

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man
All connecting to the WiFi at a SC will do is dump you out onto the public Internet, you won’t be on Tesla’s internal network.

Will be no different to being on your home Internet. Not sure this would help speed up the process, I doubt they are prioritizing updates to people connected to their guest network public IP addresses.
Well, next time when you look for a update, try this.