Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with open MidRange order with no VIN yet? What to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I think I am one of the very few people who are still holding a MR order with no VIN and no offer to reconfigure to SR+ or LR. I am getting super anxious and hence wanted to get feedback from people in similar situation. What do you plan to do?

I think its not fair that we have not been offered any configuration change before the model was discontinued or the recent rate hike. I am very happy to keep the order and wait for few more weeks, if they would indeed deliver MR. However it will be very annoying if they call after few weeks asking to reconfigure. Why keep us waiting for no reason? I am not even able to get a straight answer if we will get what was ordered. I have tried local store to corporate, all with no real answer.

Hi,

I think I am one of the very few people who are still holding a MR order with no VIN and no offer to reconfigure to SR+ or LR. I am getting super anxious and hence wanted to get feedback from people in similar situation. What do you plan to do?

I think its not fair that we have not been offered any configuration change before the model was discontinued or the recent rate hike. I am very happy to keep the order and wait for few more weeks, if they would indeed deliver MR. However it will be very annoying if they call after few weeks asking to reconfigure. Why keep us waiting for no reason? I am not even able to get a straight answer if we will get what was ordered. I have tried local store to corporate, all with no real answer.

Well they're not making the mid range any more so if they find one for you it will be already build. I placed my order for a mid range a couple of weeks ago then they called me 4 days later saying they found one in Arizona. She did give me the opportunity to have a long range manufactured, but I didn't want to wait. I have a delivery date of tomorrow morning. I would probably call them if I were you instead of waiting.

Mark

Well they're not making the mid range any more so if they find one for you it will be already build. I placed my order for a mid range a couple of weeks ago then they called me 4 days later saying they found one in Arizona. She did give me the opportunity to have a long range manufactured, but I didn't want to wait. I have a delivery date of tomorrow morning. I would probably call them if I were you instead of waiting.

Mark
Yes, I did call them - multiple times and sent emails too. They are not asking me to change the order nor confirming if I will indeed get MR. Very disappointed the way they are dealing with this. Probably they are waiting for me to ask for the change, so that they dont have to comp off anything :(

Yes, I did call them - multiple times and sent emails too. They are not asking me to change the order nor confirming if I will indeed get MR. Very disappointed the way they are dealing with this. Probably they are waiting for me to ask for the change, so that they dont have to comp off anything :(

I'm really disappointed in the way they're handling this as I'm sure you are too.

Hi I’m new here, and not sure if this is the best place to post but I wanted to ask some opions. I got a call and email from my local store and they have a new 2019 black no option mid range in stock. The offered it for $40,520. I put the down payment on it and am going to look at it Sunday. Is their anything specific I should look for? Anyway I can tell if it was a reject or any other advice anyone has for me?
Thanks.

Hi I’m new here, and not sure if this is the best place to post but I wanted to ask some opions. I got a call and email from my local store and they have a new 2019 black no option mid range in stock. The offered it for $40,520. I put the down payment on it and am going to look at it Sunday. Is their anything specific I should look for? Anyway I can tell if it was a reject or any other advice anyone has for me?
Thanks.
If its 2019, should be new and worth to take a look at. Only other way you can judge if it was rejected is if there are some apparent paint or panel issues. Maybe check the odometer for miles, anything below 50 is good.

If its 2019, should be new and worth to take a look at. Only other way you can judge if it was rejected is if there are some apparent paint or panel issues. Maybe check the odometer for miles, anything below 50 is good.

Thanks for your info, I ended up passing on it mostly because I wanted it in white, more then I wanted the more range. For what Its worth it did have 50 miles on it and they told me it was new.

OP,

I can sympathize with your situation. I had some luck by contacting my local store and asking to speak to the general manager there. I had spoken to two other reps before him and neither could resolve anything for me but the general manager had more authority to deal with problems and resolve them. And if the first store can’t help you, try another store and repeat. My best guess is that they are not going to build your MR and they are going to try and offer to move you to either an SR+ or an LR. If either of those options appeal to you think about what you want them to do for you to make the switch. Maybe a paint or wheel upgrade might make the transaction more palatable.

OP,

I can sympathize with your situation. I had some luck by contacting my local store and asking to speak to the general manager there. I had spoken to two other reps before him and neither could resolve anything for me but the general manager had more authority to deal with problems and resolve them. And if the first store can’t help you, try another store and repeat. My best guess is that they are not going to build your MR and they are going to try and offer to move you to either an SR+ or an LR. If either of those options appeal to you think about what you want them to do for you to make the switch. Maybe a paint or wheel upgrade might make the transaction more palatable.
Finally after talking to multiple people and dozens of phone calls, I got justice :)

My Owner Advisor said she was OOO and the delivery team missed to call me when MR was discontinued. I still don't know why they responded weirdly when I called, but bygones are bygones. She apologized for the oversight and escalated to the store delivery manager. They were able to get me a 2019 SR+ (Red/Black) with 19" wheels, which was allocated for their store demo. I checked the car and it looks perfectly fine with just 12 km on it. They comped off the red paint ($3300 CAD), so I pulled the trigger. Taking delivery today - super excited!!