TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP is no longer called beta (?)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JonG, Jul 24, 2017.

1. JonG

JonG Member

IMG_0214.PNG For as long as I can remember, (some) people accepted some of the issues with AutoPilot because it was in beta. Equally, buyers were warned this and so didn't have much if an excuse. Well, looking at the tesla web site, Tesla since 8.1 only consider summon to be Beta, so everything should be commercial strength.

Discuss...

2. Matias

Matias Active Member

What about car's UI?

3. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Yep, UI still says beta.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. JonG

JonG Member

Opening themselves up to another lawsuit - sales info says its not beta, take delivery and it says it is beta. When will they learn?

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. JonG

JonG Member

Why disagree? Come and say why as putting marketing material about features next to a feature which is called beta, then when you actually get the features telling you they are beta is clearly misleading and false representation.

If your doctor said he was qualified but when you got the bill he said he was still training you might not be happy.

• Like x 1
  6. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

My X is awesome......but cmon Tesla, saying 8.0 UI has an improved media interface is nonsense. Please fix the XM interface so I can navigate more than one channel at a time and of course USB experience continues to be a mess.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

For those wanting some more context (like me), I presume this thread is in response to...
    Software 8.1 is Here

8. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member

Still says beta

Attached Files: