Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 P100DL eligible for retrofit to FSD.

I took a shot in the dark and scheduled an appointment via the app for "upgrade to AP HW3".
To my surprise they accepted the appointment, sent me an invoice for $0 that said:
"ASSY,AUTOPILOT.ECU,3.0, MSX-FUSED(1655000-70-H) 1.0"
and "Firmware update - Autopilot second generation vehicle".

I asked repeatedly about if the MCU needed upgrading for visualization and the rep just kept saying "yeah it will be done via firmware".

This sounds like I'm just getting the AP ECU and not the MCU2 - or am I missing something? Also - I bought this from Tesla used a few months ago with FSD included, and the upgrade to ludicrous as part of the purchase, if it matters

I have a 2016 P100DL eligible for retrofit to FSD.

I took a shot in the dark and scheduled an appointment via the app for "upgrade to AP HW3".
To my surprise they accepted the appointment, sent me an invoice for $0 that said:
"ASSY,AUTOPILOT.ECU,3.0, MSX-FUSED(1655000-70-H) 1.0"
and "Firmware update - Autopilot second generation vehicle".

I asked repeatedly about if the MCU needed upgrading for visualization and the rep just kept saying "yeah it will be done via firmware".

This sounds like I'm just getting the AP ECU and not the MCU2 - or am I missing something? Also - I bought this from Tesla used a few months ago with FSD included, and the upgrade to ludicrous as part of the purchase, if it matters
Yeah, looks like you're only getting the HW3 computer upgrade. The $2500 Infotainment Upgrade is well worth it's value. If you have that amount to spare now, I would ask them if you can purchase that Infotainment Upgrade.

It's amazing.

Tesla confirms infotainment system upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2 for $2500