Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2019.32.12.2 58f3b76 this morning. When I walked up to my car, passive entry didn't work, I had to unlock it with the key fob. Hopefully that was just a glitch from the update and it will work fine later today. I also got logged out of Spotify. Release notes wouldn't load. I didn't notice any changes.

I updated to 2019.32.12.2 58f3b76 this morning. When I walked up to my car, passive entry didn't work, I had to unlock it with the key fob. Hopefully that was just a glitch from the update and it will work fine later today. I also got logged out of Spotify. Release notes wouldn't load. I didn't notice any changes.
We've been having passive-entry related problems as well since V10.

First of all the car was left unlocked after the update. Basically auto-locking stopped working (opening, unlike your experience, was unaffected). The passive-entry option on the menus was also greyed out so I couldn't disable it even if I wanted to.

Just had another V10 update so we'll see if that has fixed it.

No response from Tesla when notifying them of the problem via the app so my guess is that they are aware of the problem and it will be (might already be) fixed in a subsequent update.

Same here about passive entry after new update this morning.
I didn't need to use the key fob though, i just touched the door handle and they showed up.

Same here about passive entry after new update this morning.
I didn't need to use the key fob though, i just touched the door handle and they showed up.
Which suggests the car was unlocked. Were the door mirrors parked or not?

For me the car was showing as unlocked in the app after the update and the door mirrors weren't folded even though the car was locked and the mirrors folded before the update started.

Thanks for all the V10 "bug" reports. Great knowing what I'll lose (half screen or unusable browser, passive-entry issues, etc.)

I'm staying at V9 (2019.32.2.1) for now... declining the recurring "update available" reminders waiting for the V10 "bugs" to be exterminated since the few "new features" V10 provides aren't that beneficial to me.

What AP 1.0 year & model Tesla?

Does the V10 browser works fine after a couple of days? Others have reported it works at first then goes to an white screen... Requiring a reboot to get working again... Then back to a white screen... REPEAT

AP1 late 2014 S85

To be honest i almost never use the browser, but yes i think it works a little better since V10.
Although, like i've said, i rarely use it, so i'm not the best person to say much about it.

Has anyone else with an AP1 had the update stall during installation? My car got 2019.32.12.1 yesterday and i scheduled it for the default 2 AM installation time last night. As of 7 AM the phone said "Installing (60%)" and it still says that now, 2+ hours later. i need the car shortly and am wondering if I can and should abort it somehow. I have seen conflicting info about what happens if you drive during an update, but I would rather not.
Anyone had experience with stalled installations? Aborting them? Driving during?

Which suggests the car was unlocked. Were the door mirrors parked or not?

For me the car was showing as unlocked in the app after the update and the door mirrors weren't folded even though the car was locked and the mirrors folded before the update started.

So after 12.2 the problem we have with passive entry not working has not been fixed so maybe it's not software-update related after all.

Has anyone else with an AP1 had the update stall during installation? My car got 2019.32.12.1 yesterday and i scheduled it for the default 2 AM installation time last night. As of 7 AM the phone said "Installing (60%)" and it still says that now, 2+ hours later. i need the car shortly and am wondering if I can and should abort it somehow. I have seen conflicting info about what happens if you drive during an update, but I would rather not.
Anyone had experience with stalled installations? Aborting them? Driving during?
You mean liek this guy? update stuck on 1%..locked out..car on charge..cannot un dock

I’d go and check in the car. Info on smartphone might not be right. Happened to me.

So how is everyone's climate control screen doing?

IMG_20191017_192132.jpg