TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ap1 seems better on 17.4.14

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jonas_man, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

i was driving a city road today on ap1 and normally the car doesnt follow the turn in that road but today after the update the car turned perfectly without my help..

Is this something others noticed?

2. MoonChou

MoonChou Member

It's something that happens on and off for me (also ap1). Some days the car will perform better than others.

I have noticed, as have others, that the following distance is now a little bit further on setting 1. I have also noticed that the car will 'freak out' more often now and hit the brakes when going 60+ miles per hour. Maybe the car is seeing something that I don't.

3. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

I also notice the car breaks more often than before.

Which is good because in red lights, it used to go very close and make a hard brake, now it breaks earlier

4. NullException

NullException Member

What do you mean by this? Are you using AP1 to stop at traffic lights, or do you mean in stop-go traffic?

5. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

nono.
    if a car is stoped at a red light and im approaching it at 50km/h the car now brakes earlier.

6. NullException

NullException Member

Ah! Thanks. I've never trusted AP to bring me to a stop behind another car, except in slow traffic. Probably due to that late braking.

7. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

Another thing i noticed yesterday is the off ramp speed reduction.
    I was driving yesterday, and i was on TACC and when i leave the highway the car automatically reduced the speed from 100m/h to 70km/h or something like this