Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 to AP3 FSD Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to my service center since i purchased a 2017 90d X with FSD and wanted to upgrade autopilot to 3.0. They said it won’t be ready until end of summer since they’ll have to change all the cameras and it’s more complex than going 2.5 to 3. They are out of 3.0 chips as of now and should be getting more in soon.

Also upgrading to mcu2 currently is not available and will let me know when it is. You don’t have to upgrade to mcu2 if you want the new autopilot.

Thought I would pass the info.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I spoke to my service center since i purchased a 2017 90d X with FSD and wanted to upgrade autopilot to 3.0. They said it won’t be ready until end of summer since they’ll have to change all the cameras and it’s more complex than going 2.5 to 3. They are out of 3.0 chips as of now and should be getting more in soon.

Also upgrading to mcu2 currently is not available and will let me know when it is. You don’t have to upgrade to mcu2 if you want the new autopilot.

Thought I would pass the info.

If I need to pay to retrofit my car when I paid for FSD, I will consider a class action lawsuit.

I tried to skirt the system and schedule my MCU2 upgrade through the tesla app. I got a response saying that they are not scheduling my X at this time, but they did confirm that in addition to the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade, they did confirm a hardware 3.0 retrofit, which I am assuming will be done at the same time as the MCU2 upgade for the same 2500 price.