Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App loading times in the car mega slow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
It's been a while since I've used YouTube in the car, but... jeez... is it me or is it WAY slower to load the app now? Even after a reboot or software update for the car (on 2020.44), it takes what feels like forever to load the app.

I’m afraid that you just exited the Tesla reality distortion field ...

Quite frankly not only is it slow but the entire gui of the car is now way behind what brands like Mercedes do ; both graphically and in terms of responsiveness

they used to have an edge ... but this hasn’t changed since what ? two years ?

oh I’m sure some beta of v11 will probably be as good once all the bugs are ironed out in ... two more years .

oh well ... it’s not the greatest car on earth but at least I’m not polluting as much

It’s really just YouTube that is the worst
The browser ; which is internally probably beeing used for displaying YouTube ; is also painfully slow

the two problems are probably linked

I believe they buried that poor app under tons of sandboxing and security gateways ; because it’s potentially full of « user generated content « so potential security threats

you don’t have that issue with local games or music. Also these look like native apps ; whatever the Tesla équivalent might be ; not JavaScript junk

at least that’s my analysis — I’m not working for Tesla and if I was I would be fired .

so the end result is probably safe for the car but barely usable ... and this on v3 hw !