Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App log out and removed car key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than an initia setup issue I’ve never had problems with the Tesla app on iOS. This morning I’ve woke up to find my app is logged out, and once logging back in, appears to have completely removed the car key.

is this normal behaviour, or does it seem like a bug/one off thing. Anyone else ever experienced it?

it’s exactly 6 months to the date of collection. The only other person that would have access to the car via app would be the leasing company. Could they have accessed it, resulting in a log out?

the lease company can't access your account, but Tesla can access the linkage between your account and a lease company vehicle.

always keep a key card or the fob handy, Tesla can't be responsible for your phone or its behaviour (not saying it's your fault, just noting that the phone app is not under warranty).

Same thing just happened to me. Lucky I had my keycard on me. First time it’s done it. I got my car in March
I collected March 28th... wonder if there’s an issue with others?

the lease company can't access your account, but Tesla can access the linkage between your account and a lease company vehicle.

always keep a key card or the fob handy, Tesla can't be responsible for your phone or its behaviour (not saying it's your fault, just noting that the phone app is not under warranty).

that’s the sole reason I always have a card in my wallet... that and I’m known for not charging my phone as often as I should :confused:

My app had also logged me out this morning - not a lease car - I also lost control of climate etc. shortly before the app decided to log out - I was trying to warm the car up since it was 4 degrees before I got in it.

Had to use the normal key to get in and drive off, by the time I reached my destination it let me log back in again - all seems to be working now.