Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App spooling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Iron

Jan 22, 2023
ATL
IMG-3447.jpg

Lately when I open the widget it's taking longer to connect. Doesnt matter where the car is, WiFi connected or not. I get this pulsing ghost image for many seconds before it finally connects.

Anyone seeing this? It used to be much faster.

IMG-3447.jpg

Lately when I open the widget it's taking longer to connect. Doesnt matter where the car is, WiFi connected or not. I get this pulsing ghost image for many seconds before it finally connects.

Anyone seeing this? It used to be much faster.
I've been noticing this more frequently with our cars too. It seemed to start a few app updates back, not sure when specifically though.

The animation isn't the issue. The delayed connectivity with the vehicle (while said animation is happening) is the issue. In years past, whenever I opened my Tesla app it would connect to vehicles nearly instantly. As of late, it's taking much longer for that initial connection to occur. It's annoying.
Exactly. The animation is just cause we need visual confirmation that something is actually taking place. LOL

I think it happened after an update. It's been months this way. Glad I'm not the only one.

I find it takes longer to connect at home with strong WIFI than it does when it connects to cell service when the car is away from home. Weird.
I believe this to be a separate issue with how the cars connect to WiFi that surfaced around the same time, possibly earlier. I posted about it in another thread if you want further details of my testing but I believe these are two separate issues. I think the issue with this thread is the time it takes for the car to "call home" w/Teslas servers to be ready for the handshake and the other issue is more about how it remains connected to WiFi after periods of inactivity. Both can yield a similar end user issue but are created by two separate issues. Both of which Tesla really needs to fix.

The animation isn't the issue. The delayed connectivity with the vehicle (while said animation is happening) is the issue. In years past, whenever I opened my Tesla app it would connect to vehicles nearly instantly. As of late, it's taking much longer for that initial connection to occur. It's annoying.

initial load is slow when the car is waking, after that it’s almost instant I’d rather wait and let the car sleep than have it awake all the time

I will never understand why you insist on being so argumentative about everything and always being "right" even when it comes to what others post of THEIR experience. Several users have posted their similar experience and yet it can't possibly be right because it's not what YOU experience, right? Unreal.

Not sure how saying YMMV is argumentative. I have a delay when the car wakes, then subsequent queries are instantaneous. Are you telling me my experiences are invalid? 😂

I've experienced similar delays. Not sure if it's gotten worse but certainly more noticeable now. Seeing how we're encouraged to use the phone and not having a physical keyfob, these delays are rather an inconvenient. Say I'm approaching the car with grocery and wants to pop the trunk more often than not, I end up opening it manually bc the app is still connecting.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
Say I'm approaching the car with grocery and wants to pop the trunk more often than not, I end up opening it manually bc the app is still connecting.
If you're close enough for the phone key to be connected (scroll down a bit) I'm pretty sure it will open and unlock even if it still says it's trying to connect via Internet. Seems to work for me at least