Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to Find Acceleration Boost for 2023 Model Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD transfer Tesla has allowed the last few months is great. If they allowed that I bet more people would buy FSD and other items like acceleration boost, or pay something for basic autopilot, etc.

It doesn't have to be 100% transferable, but if they let you transfer it for like a $1000 transfer fee I bet a lot more people would get it.
FSD at the new lowered price of $12K is still too expensive and not worth it, the subscription model is a better deal but even that should be a lower price. And paying $1K to transfer FSD is too much as well, it should be more like $200, if even that much. When I bought my Tesla I paid $5k for EAP and months later bought FSD for $2K. FSD wasn't worth it back then and I think it still isn't worth it, especially since Tesla is basically taking away the only reason to buy it...the included hardware upgrades. I received one free upgrade to HW3 and now that's all my car can get because they changed the hardware dimensions. And I believe they did this on purpose so they don't have to give us what they promised when buying FSD. So financially it makes more sense to rent FSD when you need it with the subscription.

FSD at the new lowered price of $12K is still too expensive and not worth it
Agreed. I guess I was sleeping at the wheel and missed this news. I specifically recall Elon on an earnings call, when asked about an FSD price reduction, saying NO - it’s cheap at $15K 🙄 because everyone want to turn their car over to the masses to be abused like a NYC taxi.

I had FSD on my last car and will take a hard pass on buying it again. Subscription is the way to go. I often wonder why Tesla doesn’t have periodic sales on the software upgrades, it’s free money. I would go for EAP, but not for $6K. Same for AB, not for $2k.

Reactions: Resist and pinolero
I would go for EAP, but not for $6K. Same for AB, not for $2k.
When I bought my 2018 Model 3 I paid $5k for EAP and had to think about it but really wanted to experience the technology. When AB came out I though for about a second and bought it. Increasing a half second 0-60 time for only $2k is a deal, you can't do it for that price on an ICE car, and not have it installed in under 30 minutes.

When I bought my 2018 Model 3 I paid $5k for EAP and had to think about it but really wanted to experience the technology. When AB came out I though for about a second and bought it. Increasing a half second 0-60 time for only $2k is a deal, you can't do it for that price on an ICE car, and not have it installed in under 30 minutes.
Not that your wrong - but why wouldn't you just get the performance model? Its only a few thousand more than the 3/Y with AB.

I initially had a MYLR and would've probably got the P instead but needed the tiny third row. Owned AB on it until it was wrecked. Owned a M3P which was awesome but just need a bigger vehicle. Decided against the MYP this time as they don't hold any additional resale value over the LR and I'm not sure how long I'll stay in the vehicle. I also hate the wheels on either MYP/M3P, and prefer a higher ride with softer suspension.

Wish I could've transferred AB over as I did FSD.

Not that your wrong - but why wouldn't you just get the performance model? Its only a few thousand more than the 3/Y with AB.

I initially had a MYLR and would've probably got the P instead but needed the tiny third row. Owned AB on it until it was wrecked. Owned a M3P which was awesome but just need a bigger vehicle. Decided against the MYP this time as they don't hold any additional resale value over the LR and I'm not sure how long I'll stay in the vehicle. I also hate the wheels on either MYP/M3P, and prefer a higher ride with softer suspension.

Wish I could've transferred AB over as I did FSD.
Well, I am considering the Performance but I really don't want a lowered car and don't like the low profile larger wheels with the lower range. I know I could change out the wheels/tires but that's another added expense.

But any software we buy from Tesla for our cars should be transferrable for free if someone totaled our car and transferrable with a small fee if we buy another new Tesla.

Reactions: DaveG_NJ