Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App won’t let me unlock charge port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been having a very annoying issue where the app won’t let me unlock the charge port because the charging button is greyed out. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

3513AEC0-3359-4E32-ADF1-51D5755443F2.jpeg

I’ve been having a very annoying issue where the app won’t let me unlock the charge port because the charging button is greyed out. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

View attachment 871336
I had similar the other evening - I couldn’t do it under the controls page either.

Sorry, I can’t remember exactly what I did but I probably restarted the app and it came good for me. I’m not adding much value but just saying you aren’t going mad (like I thought I had the other night).

I mostly do it from the watch but my experience from the app lately is that the options come and go (appear/disappear) when the app is open. I can make it appear by scrolling down and then back up and or giving it a second or two.

View attachment 871336
That exact thing happened to me right after the last update. My MYP was still plugged up and normally the box that says unlock charging port wasn’t there. I had to unlock it from the screen inside the car. I closed out of the app and restarted it and I haven’t had that problem since. Good luck.

Still not sure why there isn't an option to unlock the charge port when unlocking the car tbh.

I'm constantly messing with the app or having to use the screen to unlock it. My wife's e208 just unlocks the port along with the central locking, so much better.
Maybe because unlocking the charge port also has to stops the charge.

Say you forgot something inside your 208 mid charge, unlocking doors would stop the charging session. And if you are on a public charger with some sort of authentication, this will stop the session altogether and you'll have to unplug/plug back and re-enroll again. Happened to me a couple times on a plug-in that had the same system and trust me it can be very annoying. I prefer the Tesla approach better but to each his own I guess.