Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Biggest Tax Avoider in US, $214b in offshore accounts.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you don't view tax loopholes as a failure of the government and you're fine for exploiting them?

A failure of the government? Most definitely. A failure of Apple? Nope.

Under the definition provided by Wikipedia : make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource). Yes, I am ok with it.

Define "necessary." And try to not fall into a tautology along the way

I do not want to pay any more taxes than required in the laws written by the government. To be honest, I don't believe in the progressive income tax. The tax system should be completely a sales tax. People with more money tend to spend more. You shouldn't get penalized for crossing an income threshold.

Reactions: Lloyd
A failure of the government? Most definitely. A failure of Apple? Nope.

Under the definition provided by Wikipedia : make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource). Yes, I am ok with it.

I do not want to pay any more taxes than required in the laws written by the government. To be honest, I don't believe in the progressive income tax. The tax system should be completely a sales tax. People with more money tend to spend more. You shouldn't get penalized for crossing an income threshold.

I agree with your sales tax proposal. Exempt basic food and healthcare. Allow everyone to make everything they can and save without penalty.

I agree with your sales tax proposal. Exempt basic food and healthcare. Allow everyone to make everything they can and save without penalty.

No exemptions at all. Stock purchases, real estate, food, healthcare, wholesale, raw materials, etc.

My guess? A national <10% transaction tax. The poor pay a little, the rich pay a lot. Sadly, day traders go out of business.

Yeah, it's an unpopular idea to make everyone pay tax, but it's FAIR. Poor people, middle class, and the rich all benefit from public programs. Rich get more benefit out of society, poor get less benefit out of America. But everybody chips in. Be it a dollar or a billion.