Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music playlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My playlists while the songs are correct there are certain songs which were “switched” to a different version. Signed in for sure on my account and my playlist is accurate but songs were swapped out to say “extended version” from the version I have on my other devices.

Also notice that some songs in the playlist are “grayed” out and won’t play even though they show up on the playlist and the playlist is downloaded on my devices for travel purposes (not that it should make a difference since it’s streaming from Apple).

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have the same issue.

Together with AppleMusic, I have an iTunes-match account.

I noticed that the 'grayed' out songs seemed to be the songs that were uploaded via the iTunes-match account. These are songs that Apple doesn't have in their library and upload from my iMac to their servers for streaming on my iPhone / Macbook / Apple TV

On my iPhone / Macbook / Apple TV I can play these songs (streaming) but not in the car :(

Anybody else with this issue?

I was just about to post something similar. I now have 2022.44.25.3. It took a bit of time for the iTunes match (which I just synced on Monday evening when I received 2022.44.25.1) to get to my car, but all the songs appear to be there, even songs I ripped from CD and other recordings I made myself, which did not have a match.

My issue is that some songs when they are played from a playlist get skipped (grayed out and not), but if I play the same song directly from the list of all songs or within an album, the song plays. Initially I thought this was an Apple Music issue, but the skip issue is happening with Spotify too as seemingly random songs in a playlist will be skipped and are unable to be selected and played through a playlist.

I've rebooted (using the brake pedal) twice. The next step for me to try will be to sign out and sign back into both services, but I won't be able to try that until tonight.

@ajstan

25.3 is just installed.

Edit for my previous post:

In Apple Music I have a playlist with DJ-mixes. Each DJ-mix is around 90 minutes. The playlist is uploaded (Apple Music + iTunes Match).

When I open the playlist in the Tesla, I see the DJ-mixes 'grayed' out and I cannot play them. BUT...

when I go to the artist in the library...I can play the DJ-mix...:rolleyes:

Forgot to tell: music-quality Apple Music seems to be better than Spotify.

I have the same issue.

Together with AppleMusic, I have an iTunes-match account.

I noticed that the 'grayed' out songs seemed to be the songs that were uploaded via the iTunes-match account. These are songs that Apple doesn't have in their library and upload from my iMac to their servers for streaming on my iPhone / Macbook / Apple TV

On my iPhone / Macbook / Apple TV I can play these songs (streaming) but not in the car :(

Anybody else with this issue?
That's odd. One of the first things I played in the car once Apple Music was installed was a 1988 soundtrack that Apple definitely doesn't have in their library. I had previously ripped it from CD to my Mac and it resides in the cloud. It streamed in the car without a hitch.

My issue is that some songs when they are played from a playlist get skipped (grayed out and not), but if I play the same song directly from the list of all songs or within an album, the song plays. Initially I thought this was an Apple Music issue, but the skip issue is happening with Spotify too as seemingly random songs in a playlist will be skipped and are unable to be selected and played through a playlist.

I've rebooted (using the brake pedal) twice. The next step for me to try will be to sign out and sign back into both services, but I won't be able to try that until tonight.
I don't have a concrete explanation for it, but the issue I mentioned appears to have resolved. The only thing I did was to open the playlist in the Apple Music app on my phone and play the problematic songs. After that, they worked via the playlist in the car.

I did nothing with Spotify, but all the songs in the Daily Mix playlist that were skipped yesterday, now can be played today.

The only guess I have is that there were some changes to general playlist functionality/formatting that were introduced in 2022.44.25.x, and it took a while for the processing to complete. As far as I can tell, all is now working as expected.

I still can't understand what grayed out songs mean, as they are a mix of purchased and ripped songs, and their behavior doesn't seem to be different than the songs that are in black.

I wish we could go back and edit posts for a longer period. I have the same issue happening with a different playlist in Apple Music, so everything hasn't been resolved. I tried going through the playlist on my phone to play all 235 songs, but only some of them came back when I got back in the car. Once again, all of the songs that don't play in the playlist, are able to be played when selected from the album or as an individual song.

Reactions: SH-drivery
My playlists while the songs are correct there are certain songs which were “switched” to a different version. Signed in for sure on my account and my playlist is accurate but songs were swapped out to say “extended version” from the version I have on my other devices.

Also notice that some songs in the playlist are “grayed” out and won’t play even though they show up on the playlist and the playlist is downloaded on my devices for travel purposes (not that it should make a difference since it’s streaming from Apple).

Any ideas?
Same issue for me. This seems to happen for me on songs in playlists that I’ve uploaded MP3 files in Music on my Mac from personal recordings. The songs WILL play from the Library -> Recently Added section of Apple Music on Tesla.

Reactions: SH-drivery