Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Shortcut and Siri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just started trying apple shortcuts with Siri. When I go to shortcuts, find the Tesla ones and simply push the command on the screen it works perfectly. However, when I ask Siri to do the task I this prompt "Do you want to use Tesla or CarPlay". I'm just wanting to be able to open the trunk with Siri when my hands are full. Thanks.

Reactions: HelloJP
Just started trying apple shortcuts with Siri. When I go to shortcuts, find the Tesla ones and simply push the command on the screen it works perfectly. However, when I ask Siri to do the task I this prompt "Do you want to use Tesla or CarPlay". I'm just wanting to be able to open the trunk with Siri when my hands are full. Thanks.
I use Shortcuts to lock and unlock my MY and these commands work with Siri. I just tried to get the open and close trunk to work and neither command worked. So there must be something wrong between Tesla and Apple. Maybe someone else can add to their experiences.

You actually have to create a shortcut to make it work. Whatever you name the shortcut will be what triggers it with Siri.

Eg I can say “Hey Siri close the trunk” to close the trunk because I have a shortcut named “close the trunk”.

Attachments

• IMG_6504.jpeg
    IMG_6504.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 5
I have the same issue as DKFUNZ. I can say “Siri open Tesla trunk” and it will respond with “Do you want to use Tesla or CarPlay”….. I just want the command to Open the Trunk, without any other commands……

I created a shortcut yesterday. Titled “open hatch”. Raise watch, say “hey siri. Open hatch”. Works great. Just renamed the preexisting shortcut offered by Tesla and removed the open/close variable. The climate shortcut is assigned to the action button on my watch. When out with the family on a hot day and we are heading back to the car I just tap it and it begins to cool the car to 67°.

Attachments

• IMG_2479.jpeg
    IMG_2479.jpeg
    450.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2480.jpeg
    IMG_2480.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: E90alex