Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch App for Tesla - Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keyless driving (unlock and remote start using app on Apple Watch only) works great, as long as both car and watch have connectivity. Next update will offer feature to allow enable remote start at same time as unlock, from the Apple Watch app. I use this app all the time, on two Teslas (3 & Y).

Keyless driving (unlock and remote start using app on Apple Watch only) works great, as long as both car and watch have connectivity. Next update will offer feature to allow enable remote start at same time as unlock, from the Apple Watch app. I use this app all the time, on two Teslas (3 & Y).

I also use the app all of the time, it would be nice if we could start a software update from the watch.

I've been using the Watch App for Tesla for a few weeks now. Works very well. I have a shortcut on my main watch face that displays charge, sentry, and a notification symbol. I typically use it to unlock the charge port, open the frunk/trunk, or precondition the car if my hands are full or I don't have easy access to my phone. I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: RobDeBank
App looks well thought out. I tried an Android app but it took too long to do what ever was asked of it.

walking from the supermarket, I selected “Open Trunk”. By the time I got to the car I had to open the trunk manually.

How long does the app take to perform the requested function?

Reactions: GreenT
I got the app a few days ago, and so far it works pretty good. I haven't been able to get the keyless driving functionality, but everything else seems to work great. Response time seems to vary a bit when the car is sleeping, but once awake the controls work quickly. I like it. It's a nice alternative to my phone as key.

Now that Tesla has announced, enabled optional multi-factor authentication for customers' accounts how will enabling 2-factor authentication (2FA) affect the ability to use the Apple Watch App for Tesla? I'm interested in the watch app but knowing that 2FA was coming I decided to wait until after Tesla turned on this security feature.

Reactions: Cmos2000
Even though I no longer use MS-DOS I am still happy with my ancient Remote for Tesla. It has worked perfectly through a watch upgrade and multiple Tesla. It even unlocked my S for a Service Center when they lost the key. I was in a Brazilian airport and that car was at Dania, Florida.

Clearly Apple Watch for Tesla has many more features, and if I had a chip equipped watch I might get it. Because I always have my phone I really don't feel the need. Customizing the face might be nice, but I'm too happy to change. Had I never had Remote I'd buy this immediately.