TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Apps for Model X - beta

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by caryar, Aug 20, 2018.

?

What app would you like to see first on your Model X?

1. Email (Personal-gmail, yahoo, outlook/ Business)

12.9%
  2. Weather

24.2%
  3. Smart Home - Nest

6.5%
  4. SMS (iOS/Android)

37.1%
  5. Apple Face Time/Video Calling

14.5%
  6. Stocks

4.8%
  1. caryar

caryar New Member

We are bunch of tesla fans and have decided to create some free apps that will help improve the tesla experience.

We are creating a suite of apps that enable you to use your tesla dashboard to check emails, sms, turn on your home alarm etc. It is IoT with email connectivity. Check your work email or personal email and reply using voice/speech.

We are looking for early beta users. Please help us make this work. Connect with us at www.connecttesla.com

Also it would be great if you could vote below on what you would like to see first - Connect Tesla

2. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

The Tesla interface would do none of those features remotely as good as your smart phone or tablet. Figure out how to mirror your smart phone or tablet screen to the center screen and then you'd create some buzz.

The only app I would even remotely be interested in would be a fully functional WAZE navigation app. Not some half baked web based emulation. The real thing. Make that happen and I'll pay big money,

Jason

• Like x 4
  3. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

An Alexa widget would be great.

4. caryar

caryar New Member

Thanks for feedback. The mirroring and waze is on roadmap. But we can only do so much with REST API of Tesla. Tesla has not released any SDK which means anything we create will be using the browser control.
    BTW, we want to keep this free. No cost solution.

5. caryar

caryar New Member

Anzir
    You want Alexa widget on Tesla Screen or you want to you Alexa at home to send commands to Tesla?

6. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Alexa widget on the Tesla Screen. I have quite a few automated systems at my house, this would make it easy to perform a task without taking out my phone and hitting the widget on the phone home screen.

7. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

FaceTime Audio already works (rather nicely actually). FaceTime video is likely illegal as are all video apps. Everything else on your list is useless IMO. But you did not offer a choice of None or Other.

• Like x 1
  8. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

WhatsApp audio/video also works well, of course the video is run through the phone.

9. Steve757

Steve757 Member

I'd love to have access to Spotify directly from the system.

10. Toreador

Toreador Member

Audible. I like to listen to books on long drives. Right now I have to do it through my phone on Bluetooth.
    And Waze. It seems silly that I have to use Waze on my phone while I have this giant touchscreen just sitting there.

11. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

A lot of us have the browser open for half the screen with this:
    Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

It shows all the WAZE data points. including cops, red light camera's etc. I have it open every time i drive. For reporting, you do have to do it through the app.

• Like x 2
  12. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    It's funny how many want an SMS app. I say a navigation app that allows way points and uses the BMS and supercharger engine in the process.

13. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

• Like x 1
  14. tangent

tangent Member

An integrated Yelp-like service would be helpful, live driving coach (how to maximize range without taking the fun out of driving) could be fun. Honestly, everything else would be so much easier to whip out my phone or iPad -- oh wait, I am still driving.

15. Toreador

Toreador Member

Wow, Thanks for the tip SpudLime. I'll do that from now on

• Like x 1
  16. chilman408

chilman408 Member

I mean...all of the apps are currently available in one form or another with the exception of facetime.

So what do you guys bring to the table?

17. kennybroh

kennybroh Member

What apps include sms? I don’t know of any.

18. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available "in one form or another" in the Tesla interface. That's why it's the highest one in the poll.

19. Doutt

Doutt Member

Just wondering, is this a technical issue with the hardware or just a political issue that could be turned on via software if the powers above all agree?

20. Koolbreeze

Koolbreeze New Member