Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aptera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that has to be *THE* Jay Leno as we have seen...

We were on the way to the Burbank Airport last week when Jay pulled out of a side street and looked like we were going to hit him. Turns out he was just pulling in front of the Bookshop there but we had know way of knowing it till he looked at us and signaled where he was going and was done. The wife's Saab would have made a nice dent in the driver's side of his Monteverdi

Last edited:
Apterans to Mothership: Phone home! — Autoblog Green

Well, here's a good sign for those anxious for more Aptera news. We contacted the company about the situation and got this response from their head marketing man, Marques McCammon:

Our small team of executives has been traveling around the country establishing business relationships that will be beneficial to the future of Aptera. The result is that we will have some important announcements to make during the next few months. While these business activities have taken our primary focus away from communicating directly with our depositors, our next newsletter is slated to be emailed on Tuesday, which will jump-start a series of regular communications with our supporters.

Looks like the new design will have suicide doors.

feature.jpg

The new 2 series also now has headroom and legroom comparable to, if not better than, the Mini and Chevy Volt. We widened the area at the hips to provide more space than the Smart EV and the Nissan Cube. Then to top it off, we increased our cargo capacity by more than 24 cubic feet, which is nearly two times the space available in the Honda Accord.

I always pictured the Aptera being roomy. Comparing it to small cars has me a bit concerned. No one wants to feel like they're riding in a tin can. Well.. I don't.

I do like how their site is very user-friendly and welcoming though. Very... car company 2.0 :)

Last edited:
Debate Arises on 3 Wheeler - WSJ.com

This WSJ article is about Aptera lobbying to be considered "an automobile" by the government so that it can borrow $75M under that DOE program we know and love.

While I'm a fan of Aptera and would really like to see them succeed, I can't help but feel like they're trying to have it both ways here. They want to be a car to the DOE, but a motorcycle to the DOT.

MK-AY316_APTERA_G_20090913200229.jpg

Last edited:
While I'm a fan of Aptera and would really like to see them succeed, I can't help but feel like they're trying to have it both ways here. They want to be a car the the DOE, but a motorcycle to the DOT.

Totally agree with your analysis on this, doug. I would be much happier if they went through a standard DOT automotive safety rating, and could somehow be eligible for DOE loans that way.