Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all ya'll's door jambs missing paint and/or lightly painted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some googling, seems like lots of people saying this is normal, and is "ok" because they dip the entire chasis, so whats visible is still a good protection.

Now, what I mean by door jamb is, you open the door (especially front 2) and look into the crack where its attached. May be not nearly as noticible on White color models since the primer underneath is also offwhite, more ivory... but may blend in with body paint. On black its pretty evident, but honestly I would never notice if I didnt go through the entire car with a checklist for 2 hours.

So, curious, you guys seeing the same thing? Guy picking up next to me said he had the same thing.

Do you have photos? It is pretty common for manufacturers to apply less paint inside the jambs. Sometimes on tricoats they even only apply 2 layers of base and leave out the mid coat. Quite often less clear coat is applied as well

I personally would prefer if all my jambs were fully refinished and clear coated, but I'm guessing this is another way for manufacturers to save money considering these areas are subject to the same elements and UV exposure as the exterior of the vehicle

Do you have photos? It is pretty common for manufacturers to apply less paint inside the jambs. Sometimes on tricoats they even only apply 2 layers of base and leave out the mid coat. Quite often less clear coat is applied as well

I personally would prefer if all my jambs were fully refinished and clear coated, but I'm guessing this is another way for manufacturers to save money considering these areas are subject to the same elements and UV exposure as the exterior of the vehicle
Did you mean "are NOT subject to the same..."?

Picture from recent delivery shared on Facebook. Apparently there was no pearl applied to the door jambs. Is this how all White Model Y's are painted?
IMG_1453.JPG