Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are completed MYs still being shipped from the factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by and peeked into the Tyco Rd. location in VA and they weren't forthcoming whether completed MYs are still being being shipped to them, or if what they have on the lot is it at this point until the factory is re-opened. I've been waiting for a VIN since the last status I received a couple of weeks ago. Called Tesla and they said I'm in queue for a VIN and just need to wait. No evidence from Tesla or the VA location that they are trying to get as many delivered as possible before March 31st.

Anyone have line-of-sight on completed MYs still being shipped to Virginia? Had to return my lease 2 weeks ago, and trying to plan on whether I should be planning to drive something else for a few months. Waiting on a blue, LR, black, 19" wheels.

Same, waiting on the contract here. My contact at my local delivery center just keeps telling me all I can do is wait at this point. He also said touchless delivery isn't even on their radar. Not sure why, but it sounds like even if I had a VIN I wouldn't be getting delivery.

I have VIN assigned and MY paid for for several weeks now with no word on delivery. I’ve called Tesla and traced VIN to Fremont...so I guess it’s staying there until they reopen.

Got a text two days ago reminding me to finalize payment using third party...not sure why when my Tesla account clearly indicates it’s been paid in full.

The articles I was reading said that while no production of new cars was going on, people were scheduled to come in to finish up the cars that were technically "finished". That might explain why some later VINs have been having alignment issues though.

It seems Tesla was pumping as many out before the shutdown as possible, knowing that majority can be repaired/aligned at SCs. Also, the cars were still getting picked up.

• Informative
Reactions: gundarx
I was supposed to pick up mine today at the Tyco service center, they emailed me yesterday and pushed back the delivery date a week. The reason they said was the car was still in Fremont and should be delivered sometime to them in the coming week. So maybe one more shipment coming this way?