TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Are delivery centers a bottlenecks now?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by BestHand, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BestHand

BestHand Member

I noticed that cars delivered are about month old and sometimes even older. I do not know how many centers in US, but I assume about 150. Having approximate 5000 cars made in a week, centers should deliver about 5000/(7*150), about 5 cars a day. I think they can deliver about 15-20 cars a day. So, where is a bottleneck?

2. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Member

Well, for one thing the deliveries are not equally distributed over the delivery centers. For example, nearly half of the cars are delivered in California alone, particularly in the Bay Area and LA. Here in the Bay Area they are forcing many customers into home delivery to take some load off the delivery centers.

3. BestHand

BestHand Member

Are you saying that delivery centers are bottlenecks?

4. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Member

In some areas I'm pretty sure they are.

5. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

My wife and I picked up our X in Tempe, Arizona yesterday. The delivery guy said they have adjusted their delivery slots from 1 hour down to 15 minutes. They are handing out 3-5 cars every 15 minutes at this location. This is not nearly enough time to go over the features with new customers.

6. BestHand

BestHand Member

It is interesting that in New York we have one center in Brooklyn for all 5 boroughs. I never been there but looking on satellite map it does not have any plaza big enough to keep cars outside. I can not imagine where they can keep all their cars.