Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are delivery centers a bottlenecks now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that cars delivered are about month old and sometimes even older. I do not know how many centers in US, but I assume about 150. Having approximate 5000 cars made in a week, centers should deliver about 5000/(7*150), about 5 cars a day. I think they can deliver about 15-20 cars a day. So, where is a bottleneck?

Well, for one thing the deliveries are not equally distributed over the delivery centers. For example, nearly half of the cars are delivered in California alone, particularly in the Bay Area and LA. Here in the Bay Area they are forcing many customers into home delivery to take some load off the delivery centers.

My wife and I picked up our X in Tempe, Arizona yesterday. The delivery guy said they have adjusted their delivery slots from 1 hour down to 15 minutes. They are handing out 3-5 cars every 15 minutes at this location. This is not nearly enough time to go over the features with new customers.