Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are folks getting a car to use while their car in for service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
" I had a loaner for 5 days this past week while my X was getting a Power Steering issue resolved."
Whatever you are doing.....keep on.
I give my Service guys Christmas baskets and they love me a lot. They just don't have the cars anymore.
Of course I have never had more than a 24 hour repair, so maybe they reserve them for longer needs.

" I had a loaner for 5 days this past week while my X was getting a Power Steering issue resolved."
Whatever you are doing.....keep on.
I give my Service guys Christmas baskets and they love me a lot. They just don't have the cars anymore.
Of course I have never had more than a 24 hour repair, so maybe they reserve them for longer needs.
In my case, it helps that I live 100 miles from the SC. Uber creds won't cut it for that distance.

I have 2 M3 SR+, so unless both are on the fritz, we’re good. I recently had to take mine in to the shop for body work - while on an emergency grocery run during Hurricane Isaias a hill with a cobblestone wall collapsed and washed out into the road (we got just shy of 8” of rain, which is *insane* for this area) and I just nipped a cobblestone (8x5x4 roughly - maybe 10 or 15 pounds) with the front passenger tire, which kicked up and struck the lower passenger-side rear door and rocker panel. Apparently, while removing the rear quarter panel (integral with the rocker) the shop broke the tail light reflector and I had to wait on the part. $36.00 for the part, but I was without the car for 13 days. In order to expedite, the shop manager drove to the Tesla supply place and got the part in order to shave a day or two off the time. The aluminum panel work was a day and the paint was another two. The rest was waiting on the reflector.

The good news was that Ford uses aluminum body panels on some vehicles now, so the shop had an aluminum guy on staff - that probably saved me replacing panels. Can’t imagine how long I’d have waited for those. Apparently, aluminum body panels are *really* easy to reshape, even if they get crimped, like mine did. Also, this was my metallic pearl M3 and they matched the paint so well I can’t tell the difference in either natural sunlight or artificial light.

When possible people should take advantage of the Tesla Mobile Service. Nothing like having your car fixed at home or work.
I have 2 M3 SR+, so unless both are on the fritz, we’re good. I recently had to take mine in to the shop for body work - while on an emergency grocery run during Hurricane Isaias a hill with a cobblestone wall collapsed and washed out into the road (we got just shy of 8” of rain, which is *insane* for this area) and I just nipped a cobblestone (8x5x4 roughly - maybe 10 or 15 pounds) with the front passenger tire, which kicked up and struck the lower passenger-side rear door and rocker panel. Apparently, while removing the rear quarter panel (integral with the rocker) the shop broke the tail light reflector and I had to wait on the part. $36.00 for the part, but I was without the car for 13 days. In order to expedite, the shop manager drove to the Tesla supply place and got the part in order to shave a day or two off the time. The aluminum panel work was a day and the paint was another two. The rest was waiting on the reflector.

The good news was that Ford uses aluminum body panels on some vehicles now, so the shop had an aluminum guy on staff - that probably saved me replacing panels. Can’t imagine how long I’d have waited for those. Apparently, aluminum body panels are *really* easy to reshape, even if they get crimped, like mine did. Also, this was my metallic pearl M3 and they matched the paint so well I can’t tell the difference in either natural sunlight or artificial light.
Wow. That sounds like a great body shop.

Took my '16 MX 90D into the Westmont, IL Service Center on 9/16 for a few maintenance checks and to try and get the deteriorating FWD seals replaced under warranty (again), and they only had a 3 available for a loaner. I took it, but it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world (I'm 6'8") and asked them to let me know if they got a X or Y loaner in, not really expecting a swap. My MX is still there, and didn't even get looked at until Thursday (9/24), but they did contact me yesterday and offer me a loaner swap for a '16 MX P90D. Swapped it out in a few minutes and my giant ass is much more comfortable while they fix the FWD (see next post in appropriate thread).

I dropped of my X for the FSD computer install. As soon as I pulled up to the drop off line, I got a text with an Uber voucher. When I dropped off my 3 for the same upgrade previously, they said no loaners were available. However, when I spoke to the SA, he asked if I was okay with Uber. I said a loaner would be great if they had one. A few minutes later, I get a notification the Uber voucher was cancelled and I was driven to Enterprise and received a fleet Model S as a loaner.