Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there enough Superchargers? Montreal - Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must be new to supercharging. With Cornwall, Kingston and the charge at Good Hope open, travelling back and forth has never been easier!

Don't even own one yet. Had one overnight but found the S too big for me, so I'm waiting for the 3. My biggest problem with the Supercharger systems as I see it is the lack of profit incentive. Personally, with all MS owners getting free charging and the hordes of soon to be M3 owners getting it heavily discounted compared to gas there is the potential for the system to be overused. And since Tesla doesn't make money on the system their incentives to continue building more and getting them done fast is dependent on marketing purposes. I just fear the congestion horror stories you occasionally hear from California where the popular spots can be a nightmare.

Don't even own one yet. Had one overnight but found the S too big for me, so I'm waiting for the 3. My biggest problem with the Supercharger systems as I see it is the lack of profit incentive. Personally, with all MS owners getting free charging and the hordes of soon to be M3 owners getting it heavily discounted compared to gas there is the potential for the system to be overused. And since Tesla doesn't make money on the system their incentives to continue building more and getting them done fast is dependent on marketing purposes. I just fear the congestion horror stories you occasionally hear from California where the popular spots can be a nightmare.
It is just as cheap if not cheaper for a model 3 owner to charge at home, and a heck of a lot more convenient.

Personally, with all MS owners getting free charging and the hordes of soon to be M3 owners getting it heavily discounted compared to gas there is the potential for the system to be overused. And since Tesla doesn't make money on the system their incentives to continue building more and getting them done fast is dependent on marketing purposes. I just fear the congestion horror stories you occasionally hear from California where the popular spots can be a nightmare.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. As it currently stands, congestion won't be a problem for a year and half or two still. Keep in mind Tesla's still only producing long-range model 3s and no timeline has been set for the short range version.

The long-range 3 has as much range as the 100D so that means typically one stopping between MTL and TO which alleviates SC usage.

Reactions: sitter_k
Ahhhh the good old days when you had to charge two hours at the BW in Kingston.

Before there were ANY charging stations, I had to charge at the 1000 Islands KOA, and that took several hours.

But yes, in the past I've spent quite a few hours chilling in restaurants and coffee shops all over Ontario and Quebec. Gotta love the Superchargers!

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
But yes, in the past I've spent quite a few hours chilling in restaurants and coffee shops all over Ontario and Quebec. Gotta love the Superchargers!
Felt the same going to N.S. several times. Last Supercharger was at Drummondville, QC. and beyond that it was slow going. Learned to relax traveling, slow chew my food, and always took a book along. Now the last Supercharger is farther east in Riviére du Loup and N.B. has very good Chademo coverage.