Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will also look at what other analysts set out as targets and include that in their judgments. You may well ask if there's so much subjectivity why do they all come out so similar?

There's the answer right there: group think.

Put five people in a room. Secretly tell four of them to give the wrong answer to a question. Almost all the time the fifth person will go along with them, even if he is certain the answer is wrong.

There's the answer right there: group think.

Put five people in a room. Secretly tell four of them to give the wrong answer to a question. Almost all the time the fifth person will go along with them, even if he is certain the answer is wrong.

To be fair, I think anyone would begin to second-guess themselves if EVERYONE around them is convincing you that you're wrong.

Anyone have a clue where the magic $35 comes from? Everyone seems to be using this point as the estimate, but the valuation all depends on how the company is being valued. Through my metrics, if you assume the 300million in profit from sale of components, and the success of the Model S and Model X, as well as the Bluestar, the stock should be at around $300 within 3-4years. However, even if you only look to the success of the Model S and Model X, along with the components, you get a target of 60-90 (Assuming a PE of 10) Thoughts?
Sounds like how some people were speculating on ZNN as a proxy for EEStor.

Anyone else notice that short interest as of January 31st is reported on the same day as the Model X unveiling? With all of these upgrades, short interest is likely to have declined, since my guess is many covered after the 20% drop, and after the "Many" upgrades that followed. Right? This could be a serious catalyst. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well - I'm interested in both the stock and the company. Also, this is the investing topic :p
At this moment in time, understanding how the company is operating is directly impacting the stock. There are no fundamentals to go on, since Tesla needs to prove to investors that it will be around in 1 year, which can only happen once they have successfully delivered the first round of cars, and are raved about as the best car of the year.

I don't know enough about the technical aspects of Teslas cars to say much in the discussion, aside from the reason that they are revolutionary, but I am familiar with the events that should impact the stock. I am planning on buying a Tesla with profits from the stock, thus the stock is pretty important to me :)

Last edited:
dsm363: I'm a bit OCD so please forgive my rants. I don't think my comments are that bad, but I can see how they can get a bit redundant. You are probably right, but I made the decision because of my thesis, and short of someone telling me a convincing reason that I should think otherwise, I will likely stick to it on principle.

Forgive me for wanting to hear the opinions of people who I'm confident know more than I do :biggrin: . It helps calm my nerves, and strengthens my conviction. And after all, isn't that the point of a forum like this? To discuss the facts in an individual centric propaganda free environment, while also discussing how a company as amazing as Tesla is going to revolutionize the world, while pointing out objective logic behind why they might encounter some problems.

Last edited:
In checking a posted link from another thread explaining MBZ's voice recognition system: Mercedes-Benz Linguatronic System Explained - autoevolution
I see a advertisement link from Kaplan Fox Attorneys : Tesla Motors, Inc. investigating Tesla for potential violations of the federal securities laws and asking investors to call to discuss Kaplan's investigation.

Some ambulance chasing going on here; tough to be a U.S. company.

This is interesting. In this case, I think the lawyer might be right. Whoever leaked the information likely had a hefty short position. If they can obtain information on who covered a huge position immediately following the leak, they would possibly find out where the leak came from. Anyone that lost money due to this leak might be entitled to damages. Not sure if Tesla is liable for this though.

I stand corrected. On what grounds is he attacking Tesla? If he is attacking Tesla for the leak, this is definitely screwed up.

Last edited:
Forgive me for wanting to hear the opinions of people who I'm confident know more than I do :biggrin: . It helps calm my nerves, and strengthens my conviction. And after all, isn't that the point of a forum like this? To discuss the facts in an individual centric propaganda free environment, while also discussing how a company as amazing as Tesla is going to revolutionize the world, while pointing out objective logic behind why they might encounter some problems.
It's fine of course to ask questions and there's nothing wrong with that. ckessel made a good point though that almost all of your posts have been about the stock only, not the company or the products, and are related to each jump and dip in stock price. There really is nothing anyone can say that can make you feel better about the daily movements of a stock. I really know almost nothing about the stock market but bought the stock as a long term investment since I believe in the company. I did the same with a few shares of Apple 20 years ago. I look at the stock price at most once a day just to see where it is.