Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you guys anticipating deals end of Q1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that theres no more federal tax credit and with the release of the Model Y, i suspect that there will be some leftover inventory of model 3s towards the end of the quarter. Do you guys anticipate there being deals like there were in early-mid 2019?

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Now that theres no more federal tax credit and with the release of the Model Y, i suspect that there will be some leftover inventory of model 3s towards the end of the quarter. Do you guys anticipate there being deals like there were in early-mid 2019?

Where is all this leftover inventory you speak of? I'm still waiting on a VIN a month after ordering... lol.

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Yeah, they can't even make the cars fast enough to fulfill the demand. I'd be shocked if they had leftover inventory vehicles. There are still people who ordered in December who haven't got their cars yet.

Anyone purchased from Used Inventory?

I'm curious if you can have software updates removed? Like FSD.

I have noticed there is a used Mid-Range that has been on their Used Inventory Site for a while, but has FSD on it and as a result is almost 50k. (Which I'm guessing is why no one has picked it up... when you can get LRRWD or LRAWD vehicles for not much more)

I know you can do that on New Inventory.

I have noticed there is a used Mid-Range that has been on their Used Inventory Site for a while, but has FSD on it and as a result is almost 50k. (Which I'm guessing is why no one has picked it up... when you can get LRRWD or LRAWD vehicles for not much more)

Seems to be very YMMV.

I've absolutely seen reports of folks getting it removed.

I've absolutely seen reports of folks being told that's "impossible" and they can't get that.

Reactions: jjrandorin

I was told that for used vehicles it's considered "part of the vehicle's features" and can't be removed. Not sure if that's the truth or what given that it seems to be a coin flip as to whether what the advisors say is correct.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
.....Anyone purchased from Used Inventory?
.....I'm curious if you can have software updates removed? Like FSD.

I was told that for used vehicles it's considered "part of the vehicle's features" and can't be removed. Not sure if that's the truth or what given that it seems to be a coin flip as to whether what the advisors say is correct.

Since the trade-in value presumably took account of presence of FSD, they'd be foolish to remove it and therefore reduce their margins.

Reactions: OCR1 and mrau