Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you tracking your EDD changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit of a data nerd so tracking and analyzing information makes me less anxious. Since the EDD is regrettably anxiety-inducing (It's hard to look away from ... first Tesla), I started tracking the changes and did up a simple combo chart so I can visually analyze it.

MYLR, MSM, Black int, 5 seater, Tow, no FSD, ordered May 31st

The red area is the last date in the EDD range, blue is the earliest, green blocks are predicted delivery windows based on avg delivery times (from Teslike tracker, delivery threads, etc.) - sized based on level of probability. Not using any calculations for the predictions, just reading and adjusting.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 5.17.45 PM.png

Is this a bit much? Probably. Is it keeping me sane? Definitely. Anyone else doing something like this?

I'm a bit of a data nerd so tracking and analyzing information makes me less anxious. Since the EDD is regrettably anxiety-inducing (It's hard to look away from ... first Tesla), I started tracking the changes and did up a simple combo chart so I can visually analyze it.

The red area is the last date in the EDD range, blue is the earliest, green blocks are predicted delivery windows based on avg delivery times (from Teslike tracker, delivery threads, etc.) - sized based on level of probability. Not using any calculations for the predictions, just reading and adjusting.

View attachment 690389

Is this a bit much? Probably. Is it keeping me sane? Definitely. Anyone else doing something like this?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand how to read your chart. You have aggregated the data from everyone's shifting EDD and somehow come out with a predicated average delivery time. But what is the vertical axis next to the green blocks? And why are there dates on both the X and Y axis?

View attachment 690389

This is interesting. I have been tracking our EDD but not in such a cool format. At this point though I've gotten really frustrated. Ordered our MYLR 5-seat Blue on April 28. Originally estimated 7-9 weeks. At one point the EDD simply said September. For the past several weeks it has shown dates that are 2-4 weeks out and continue to change by a day or two every couple of days. It's as if our EDD will forever be 2-4 weeks away. As of today it is now Aug. 16-Aug 29.

Attachments

• 2021-07-31 10.39.54.png
    2021-07-31 10.39.54.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 219
Sorry, but I don't quite understand how to read your chart. You have aggregated the data from everyone's shifting EDD and somehow come out with a predicated average delivery time. But what is the vertical axis next to the green blocks? And why are there dates on both the X and Y axis?
The data is my own EDD not anyone else's. Here's a breakdown:

X-axis : Date over time

Left Y-Axis (Red/Blue area): Date of EDD Window

Right Y-Axis (Green area): Likelihood of delivery, wherein 1 has most likely. I've since updated this to be a percentage.

This range is not based on any calculated value, it's annecdoatal. For example, I ordered on May 31st and my current EDD is August 14 - Sept 4, in the delivery thread a few people who ordered early-mid June have an EDD window starting August 22nd and are on the west coast. I would then assume that the probability of me getting my MYLR is higher on August 16-20 and while I still could get it after August 22nd, the probability is lower given the June orders would presumably start delivery around that timeframe. It's a bit of wishful thinking I suppose.

This is interesting. I have been tracking our EDD but not in such a cool format. At this point though I've gotten really frustrated. Ordered our MYLR 5-seat Blue on April 28. Originally estimated 7-9 weeks. At one point the EDD simply said September. For the past several weeks it has shown dates that are 2-4 weeks out and continue to change by a day or two every couple of days. It's as if our EDD will forever be 2-4 weeks away. As of today it is now Aug. 16-Aug 29.
I think a lot of people have mentioned that the EDD is not something we can rely on, but it's hard to turn away from when it's the only information you get. The process needs some serious improvement, even if it's on a psychological level of providing just a month and changing to a date window once an order has been matched to a build.

Having to wait that long is pretty inexcusable - have you reached out to your SA or the local showroom? Sorry you're having to wait so long - here's hoping that window gets smaller.

View attachment 690389

Wow! Same exact configuration AND same order date! 👍🏼 Oh wait. Not sure about the wheels. Either way, great choice!

Last edited:
I think a lot of people have mentioned that the EDD is not something we can rely on, but it's hard to turn away from when it's the only information you get. The process needs some serious improvement, even if it's on a psychological level of providing just a month and changing to a date window once an order has been matched to a build.

Having to wait that long is pretty inexcusable - have you reached out to your SA or the local showroom? Sorry you're having to wait so long - here's hoping that window gets smaller.
I have contacted my SA and she has said there is nothing to be done. Although she hasn’t responded to my most recent request which was whether they are receiving any Y deliveries here in Cincinnati and if so when were those ordered. Reading in here now I’m seeing lots of delivers of Ys ordered after we did (april 28)
Needless to say I’m not interested in cancelling and switching to another brand. But this is terrible customer service and someday Tesla will probably have real competition. Things like this will come back to bite Tesla.

Update: received VIN today but the EDD also changed from Aug. 19-30 to "October". We ordered April 28!!! Six months is insane when originally told 7-9 weeks. Sure hope I love the car as much as I expect to, because this ordering and waiting is terrible. Really need this car as our teens are using my car now most of the time.
Take a deep breath. If you've been following the thread, it always jumps to October momentarily after you get a VIN while the system sets your proper delivery dates which will be very soon.

Reactions: ELECDRM
It would be interesting to follow not only the dates here, but at what time in the day those dates change

That would give an insight into their process

...and you thought you were a data nerd 😎
I haven‘t seen a date change happen beyond the 7:30-8:30 am cst timeframe. It only happens once in the day for me. The exception being that odd September EDD where it changed in the afternoon.

Take a deep breath. If you've been following the thread, it always jumps to October momentarily after you get a VIN while the system sets your proper delivery dates which will be very soon.
You were absolutely correct! (sorry I had not followed the thread closely) Later the same day after receiving the VIN and the change to "October" for EDD, it changed to Aug. 16-23 and today it moved sooner by a day to Aug. 15-22. Wow, hard to believe it could be here in just another week! (ordered April 28)

Reactions: PackMan730
You were absolutely correct! (sorry I had not followed the thread closely) Later the same day after receiving the VIN and the change to "October" for EDD, it changed to Aug. 16-23 and today it moved sooner by a day to Aug. 15-22. Wow, hard to believe it could be here in just another week! (ordered April 28)
Congrats! I also ordered April but completed the profile a month later so I hope mine is coming soon too 🤞