TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Article of a privately owned Supercharger that Tesla sold to a guy in Sweden.

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by AEdennis, Jun 22, 2015.

1. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

2. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

I remember seeing this one before. Wonder why they're capped to 60 kW. Is it an electrical overhead issue?

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I wonder if this is a reporting issue in that a single 120KW Supercharging cabinet supporting two stalls as pictured in that article "averages" to 60KW per stall...

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

My guess is that it's to eliminate the complexity and size of the DC switching gear that takes place to direct the DC power between 2 stalls. 60 kW provides a great balance for quick charging without the complexity of needing to work with power management between 2 separate stalls.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Duplicate thread.

6. MichFin

MichFin Member

I think Tesla needs to start selling these as often as they can and let businesses charge. If they wan't to be mainstream they will need to be more convenient for super charging.

7. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I tried searching for another thread before I linked, please merge threads (will my subscription follow?!?)

8. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Thanks, subscribed to that one too, when the mods merge this thread with that one.