Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aside from Pedal Control (Normal to Sport) - how else to tell if the car has Accel Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the upgrade for my 22 Model 3 LR. The only indication of the upgrade was a message/notification saying a vehicle change would execute when the touch screen would turn off, and the pedal control went from Normal to Sport.

I had done numerous Google searches and people showed how under Software the vehicle would have a description for Acceleration Boost. I don't see this anywhere in the vehicle info, nor in my Tesla app. The only way I know I have it is the pedal control, and under the Tesla App for Upgrades.

Does this sound right? Did Tesla remove the description for Accel Boost under the Software section in the car?

Mine still has it in the software screen.

Software screen.png

Reactions: dhrivnak
Have you done a trusty reboot?
And your car is on 11.1?? that seems strange also
I don't have FSD. Does that make sense? I actually just got a software update today, something new Greek language and minor improvements (2023.32.4)

I held the 2 steering buttons to reset/reboot about 6 times already. I actually just finished powering off the car and powering it back on. I'm about to go into service mode to see if there's anything useful.

Update: Went into Service mode, did the software reinstall, rebooted, still not showing under software. I sent a service request via the app along with a photo, looks like it got sent out but I don't see the request anywhere in my history (I've never sent a service request before so I don't know the process).

Last edited:
I tried sending a service request but it wouldn't let me escalate and just told me I had the latest software update.

I requested a refund and literally within moments, the touchscreen flashed and my pedal control went back to Chill and Standard. It just seemed odd that I didn't see Accel Boost under my Software tab and Sport mode didn't seem faster than normal. I gave up.

Switching from Chill to Sport is like night and day, so I'm quite confident something went wrong. Did the car have the chance to go into deep sleep? I don't know if it could make a difference.
Yes, overnight. I woke up this morning and went to check and it still doesn't show up under Software.

I was referring really to the difference between Standard and Sport. Chill is supposed to be the same across RWD, LR, and Perf. In Sport mode, the car didn't feel any faster than Standard. Everyone with Accel Boost said it was a big difference.

AB felt barely different than standard for me. A little bit more punchy from 0-40mph but not the drastic night and day difference people made it out to seem. Above 40mph essentially feels the same. (Even the Performance is essentially the same as LR at speed).

If I had paid for it I would have been very disappointed but it was “free” with referral credits I had so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Referral points are definitely the way to go. I don't have anyone to refer to and everyone I know is really against EVs. The gearheads are all about manuals/loud ICE's which is fine but they're not even open to the idea of EVs.

My biggest complaint with the Model 3 is the abysmal 60' times. That is where you can shave a lot out of your 1/4 mile ET. Looks like M3P is about 1.8 60' and it just gets slower for LRAB and LR, whereas any of my tuned AWD EcoBoost V6 cars would cut 1.8 60' times all day long with street tires (no prep or anything). The Fusion Sport is identical to the Model 3 LR in terms of weight, size, class, etc...

I'd always feel a slight lag when punching the throttle on the Model 3 LR. Whereas on my SHO or Fusion Sport, I could at least brake boost it to launch. I've heard more than once the Accel Boost helps reduce that "lag"

Last edited: