Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aside from the number of bolts, will Lotus Elise rims fit Tesla Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wycolo, what do you mean by staggered? Different sizes front and back? Different oofset front and back? Different offset side to side?

I have never heard the term staggered used with wheel fitment.

Thanks,

T

Staggered is a common wheel term. Front width smaller than than the rear / Rear Wider than the front.

Custom Tires, Custom Wheels, Wheel and Tire Packages, Chrome Rims for your Car, Truck, or SUV from Performance Plus Wheel and Tire

img.staggered.diagram.jpg

The front are 16x6 with an offset of 25.
The rear are 17x7.5 with an offset of 38.
I checked a 1.5, a 2.0 sport, and a 2.5 sport. They are all the same even though the sport has the 195 front tire.

The Lotus rear are 17x7.5 with the same offset of 38.
The Lotus fronts come in 16x5.5, 16x6, and 16x6.5. All my sets are 16x5.5 and the offset is 31.5. That may be different on the wider two widths.

The GM wheels come in both 16x6.5 and 17x7 inch sizes. The 17 inch are 40 offset, which should be fine for the rear.
The 16 inch have a 37 offset, which might work on the front. There is around 30 mm of clearance on the inside, so the additional width and offset (approx 18 mm) shouldn't be a problem.
The GM five spoke steel wheels look almost the same between the 16 and 17 inch sizes, and would would make a good winter rim if they fit. Steel holds up better in the winter.
That was my plan. Next trip to the junkyard I am going to pickup a front to see for sure.

Pontiac G6 is same chassis as Chevy HHR. Be sure you get the OEM rims and not an aftermarket set that is/was mounted on the G6/HHR. Wider rims will bind on the Roadster rear as I discovered.

Can't you source MOMOs thru Discount Tire??

** just saw mlauto's post - I'm presently far from home and Roadster **
--

Last edited: