Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At home carrier delivery (Service plaza instead)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be getting my car delivered at home by car carrier. My road is not very safe for a semi to try and drop off a car. I was thinking about having them meet me at a service plaza I have one that is about 40 miles from me but has a supercharger just incase the car is low on battery.

Has anyone had any trouble with using a supercharger right away? Just was wondering if the app wasn't fully setup yet like i have heard happening if I would still be able to charge?

I will be getting my car delivered at home by car carrier. My road is not very safe for a semi to try and drop off a car. I was thinking about having them meet me at a service plaza I have one that is about 40 miles from me but has a supercharger just incase the car is low on battery.

Has anyone had any trouble with using a supercharger right away? Just was wondering if the app wasn't fully setup yet like i have heard happening if I would still be able to charge?
All cars should be able to Supercharge immediately after delivery. You should probably ensure you have a credit card on file with Tesla.

There was a limited problem with a batch of cars at the end of 2017 that couldn't Supercharge because the chargeport was a little too tight. Tesla fixed the issue for those owners by 'shaving' the charge port or replacing it with a new one.

All cars should be able to Supercharge immediately after delivery. You should probably ensure you have a credit card on file with Tesla.

There was a limited problem with a batch of cars at the end of 2017 that couldn't Supercharge because the chargeport was a little too tight. Tesla fixed the issue for those owners by 'shaving' the charge port or replacing it with a new one.

I do have one on file. Thanks

Check out my answer to you in your other thread. Make sure the driver plugs it in, and it starts charging before he goes!

The driver should call you before he meets you. Why not ask how much SOC the car had before he put it on the trailer in the morning. Surely, there's a large parking lot closer than 40 miles. I was trying to get my driver to take my ZERO SOC car to the beginning of my dirt road. From there, I'd only need the car to roll ¼ mile downhill to my house to plug in. The driver wouldn't risk doing that! If it had any charge at all, it should have been able to do that. Not having any charge, cost me a couple hours to take it to a Supercharger and then charge it. Nuts that the driver would knowingly load my car with ZERO SOC in winter and then have me be the last delivery of the day, then take it to a rest stop with NO chargers!